Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Form 1 Approved in One Day!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    Are these faster approval times still applying to individuals and not trust forms? Or are we seeing trusts also being approved in shorter time as well?
    I'm going to inquire with silencer shop tomorrow and get back to this thread.

My other inquiry with Silencer shop:

I want to eForm and build a SBS into a trust...the quicker the better...is it worthwhile to pay twice?

My thinking:
    If individual eForm 1's are being processed fast, but trust eForm 1's are still being processed like normal (slow); couldn't you exercise the "I want it now" mindset?

For example: I file to build my SBS as an individual, pay $200, get approved quickly, build legally. Then pay another $200 and transfer to trust. It might take a year to transfer to the trust, but at least I legally built and owned my SBS for now.
    Last edited by matemike; 04-09-24 at 01:08.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The stars finally aligned today and I got to speak with Silencershop. The eForm 1's as individuals are indeed moving faster than eForm 1's to a trust. The individual route is taking an average of 8 days and the trust route is taking an average of 4 months. The ATF has told silencershop that the trust forms should start getting approved quicker and quicker; they may not ever be as fast as eForm 1's as individuals, but they will get much better than the current 4 month average.

I inquired about doing an individual eForm 1 to build an SBS, getting approved in 8 days, then transferring it to a trust later on. The lady at silncershop said you'd be fine, happy and legal early on and ultimately putting the item into a trust as I wish; just pay twice for the stamp. But, the transfer from individual to a trust would have to be on a paper form 4. Silencershop does not assist with that, so you'd be on your own to get finger prints, photos, LE sign off, the whole gammut. Additionally, she said, that paper form 4's are still taking up to a year. So even though you'd be legal soon, you still have to wait a year to get the item into a trust, and as already mentioned, pay another $200 .

So, I think the best way to put an item into a trust is to do the eForm 1 and wait a few months. According to SS and the ATF, the trust eForm 1 wait times could be, should be, getting better.
    Last edited by matemike; 04-16-24 at 00:58.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    OP here. I was so encouraged by my Form 1 getting approved in a day that I hurried up and bought a 5.56 suppressor from Silencer Shop (YHM Turbo K RB). I made the purchase on March 19th and it took almost a month for the Form 3 to go through plus shipping to my local dealer. I just went in today and certified my Form 4, so hopefully this one goes quickly as well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkoglman View Post
    OP here. I was so encouraged by my Form 1 getting approved in a day that I hurried up and bought a 5.56 suppressor from Silencer Shop (YHM Turbo K RB). I made the purchase on March 19th and it took almost a month for the Form 3 to go through plus shipping to my local dealer. I just went in today and certified my Form 4, so hopefully this one goes quickly as well.
    I personally won't do any NFA item that's not on the local dealer's shelf. There's so much opportunity for bungling. Glad yours is on the home stretch though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Update: My Form 4 was also approved in one day! Crazy!

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    yea I don't understand how the E-filed Form 3's are not an INSTANT thing. Its dealer to dealer for ****s sake. I waited 2 months for a shipment of suppressors to come in from my distributors on form 3. Literally use SilencerShop even for stuff that doesn't come from them because its so much easier of a process. Send my customers to a big box retailer that has a SilencerShop kiosk, they do their fingerprints and photo there then we complete the process on SilencerShop's automated system.

2 months for dealer to dealer and I've had 7 customers get 24hr approval and 1 guy get a 4 ****ing hour approval!

There is no reason behind any of the process.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    double tap
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Send my customers to a big box retailer that has a SilencerShop kiosk, they do their fingerprints and photo there then we complete the process on SilencerShop's automated system.
    I'd love to see this kiosk. Does a customer pay to use it?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd love to see this kiosk. Does a customer pay to use it?
    Some places charge to use it since they cost $7000 to get the kiosk, but the Big Box place I send my customers too there’s no charge to use it.

It’s got a finger print scanner and a camera on it. Creates an electronic record of their prints and attaches it to their silencershop account. They are good for like a year before you have to get them re-done. All I gotta do is add the customer to the transaction on my end and SilencerShops automated E-file system does the rest thru eforms
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's impressive. I was just googlizing the thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast