Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For the tool nerds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    A week or two. To be honest I think the fist batch of 20 is claimed, I mean I haven't sold them but I've had some virtual demands ;-)

I don't think it would work well for removing a hammer and I never saw the Hammer Cage used for that either. To me it sounds like a lot more trouble to do so....?

I just have to get the instructions written. Only a couple-three hours' work but where to find a couple hours is the thing.

One click off, I didn't mean to not appreciate your suggestion, I do. I will try one that way when i get the chance!
    Actually, using the hammer cage to remove a hammer is ridiculously easy.

But removing a hammer isn't particularly hard in the first place...

How do we get on the wait list? I love tools and gadgets and stuff...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm not sure how to handle a a list.... the first batch is small and any orders might turn into back orders..... which could be 5-6 weeks. If that is OK with people I guess a good place to make a list would be PayPal..... I know people don't like PP but it has worked well for me for fifteen-plus years. Also I need a week or two to get the instructions written.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Akin View Post
    Can it be used to remove a hammer?

That’s not nearly as difficult, but I like the way the hammer cage can be used to easily and neatly remove hammers as well.

Any ETA on these?
    No reason it couldn't, just reverse the installation procedure.

In fact, it should be easier to do as this tool has a handle.
    Last edited by lysander; 04-09-24 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    No reason it couldn't, just reverse the installation procedure.

In fact, it should be easier to do as this tool has a handle.
    I’m just curious how you’d get the legs of the spring into the little holes… it’s easy with the old hammer cage since you use the included tool to grab the legs and lift them up and pop them into the notches on the cage.

Not a big deal, since once you get the hammer pin out, keeping the hammer from simply popping itself out of the lower becomes the issue… :-D
    Last edited by Akin; 04-24-24 at 21:04.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I will try a removal when I can get to it but I still think-- the hammer comes out so easily without it. Now if you want to say that's a good way to load the hammer onto the tool for reassembly, that could maybe be a plus. As to getting the spring legs in, 1-Click-Off's suggestion above would help with that. I'll be honest, I don't think I'm going to do that but we shall see. I mean officially, beta testing is still on but I have used it now in presenting three classes, passing around a couple prototypes and a production version, and it is well received. As to orders and me using PayPal as a waiting list, I've asked a few inquirers to send me $1 on PP and that will be the list, when I get the next batch assembled I will advise to send the balance. That way if it all falls down no one is out more than a buck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I will try a removal when I can get to it but I still think-- the hammer comes out so easily without it. Now if you want to say that's a good way to load the hammer onto the tool for reassembly, that could maybe be a plus. As to getting the spring legs in, 1-Click-Off's suggestion above would help with that. I'll be honest, I don't think I'm going to do that but we shall see. I mean officially, beta testing is still on but I have used it now in presenting three classes, passing around a couple prototypes and a production version, and it is well received. As to orders and me using PayPal as a waiting list, I've asked a few inquirers to send me $1 on PP and that will be the list, when I get the next batch assembled I will advise to send the balance. That way if it all falls down no one is out more than a buck.
    Do you publish a schedule for these classes, are they limited to just LEOs?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There's no posting really, it's kinda whoever invites me where ever. One in Livonia MI (near Detroit but it's not Detroit) this month 22-23, place called Center Mass, this one is not LE restricted.

Feedback Score
    I had a great time at Ned's armorer's classes. He's knowledgeable and super nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Neat. Gonna pick one up when it's ready.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a tracking # for mine. Pricey but I like collecting tools and Ned's a great guy. I have a bunch of his tools and I enjoy reading his Magazine articles every 2-3 months as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast