Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For the tool nerds

Feedback Score
    I'm in for one !

I'm gettin' to old to struggle doing this anymore... and fat fingering has always worked... but something easier is always good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Tweak on it. What if instead of drilling holes for the spring pins you mill square slots or even angle the slots down some to force the spring to ride to the center? Only reason I mention this tweak is for longer tool life from the spring pins slipping out of the tool when releasing the hammer. Plus the placement may be more forgiving milling vs. drilling. You wouldn’t even need to mill it all the way through, but leave a little meat so the spring pins have a stop on them so the rest of the geometry still works out preventing the hammer from slipping out. Cool tool for sure though.

Feedback Score
    Proper installation would be to rotate the handle to the rear (after the pin is installed) until the spring legs rest on the trigger pin. Then push the hammer down until it clears the cut that holds it (until it is cocked?). Now rotate the tool off the hammer and slide it back off the spring legs.

This way the tool can be removed without any wear om the holes.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Proper installation would be to rotate the handle to the rear (after the pin is installed) until the spring legs rest on the trigger pin. Then push the hammer down until it clears the cut that holds it (until it is cocked?). Now rotate the tool off the hammer and slide it back off the spring legs.

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you. No tweak needed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    SOTAR did a little vid on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Yhw2HU2do

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not up on your site, when can we buy?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Within a month, pretty sure.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If I could make a recommendation, you could offer a package deal for all the best, unique (not overlapping) AR tools. You have nice stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post

Can it be used to remove a hammer?

That’s not nearly as difficult, but I like the way the hammer cage can be used to easily and neatly remove hammers as well.

Any ETA on these?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A week or two. To be honest I think the fist batch of 20 is claimed, I mean I haven't sold them but I've had some virtual demands ;-)

I don't think it would work well for removing a hammer and I never saw the Hammer Cage used for that either. To me it sounds like a lot more trouble to do so....?

I just have to get the instructions written. Only a couple-three hours' work but where to find a couple hours is the thing.

One click off, I didn't mean to not appreciate your suggestion, I do. I will try one that way when i get the chance!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast