Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Non-dedicated Rig

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

9mm Non-dedicated Rig

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post
    If you go blowback, I ran a Vltor A5SH 3 or 4 buffer with a sprinco blue spring. Although the recoil was harsh, it ran very well. I also used the endomags with ejectors, but they are kind of delicate. They will quit working at some point.
    Interesting….so a couple questions:

So the delayed blowback with, I’m assuming, carbine spring and buffer was less harsh, in regards to felt recoil, than the a5 w/ a blowback system?

How do ejectorless endo mags work with a blow back system?
    Last edited by CrowCommand; 03-23-24 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    I’m a little late to the party but I went blowback on mine as well. I run the Stern Defense adapter for Glock magazines. I went with a KAK 10 oz buffer made for 9mm and a Foxtrot Mike BCG. The recoil impulse is almost non existent. But my setup is probably a little heavier than most. I went with a 10.5 inch barrel just so I could find decent handguard and accessory options. I don’t really plan on suppressing so OAL wasn’t a big factor for me….its just under 26” nose to tail.

I’m currently running this as a pistol. We shall see how the law shakes out. I was surprised at how comfortable and accurate it is just using a cheek weld on the buffer tube. I’m probably just going to wrap it in paracord and be done.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I’m a little late to the party but I went blowback on mine as well. I run the Stern Defense adapter for Glock magazines. I went with a KAK 10 oz buffer made for 9mm and a Foxtrot Mike BCG. The recoil impulse is almost non existent. But my setup is probably a little heavier than most. I went with a 10.5 inch barrel just so I could find decent handguard and accessory options. I don’t really plan on suppressing so OAL wasn’t a big factor for me….its just under 26” nose to tail.

I’m currently running this as a pistol. We shall see how the law shakes out. I was surprised at how comfortable and accurate it is just using a cheek weld on the buffer tube. I’m probably just going to wrap it in paracord and be done.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Appreciate your response….any idea what the foxtrot Mike BCG weighs?

I’m on the fence of running an a5, with rifle
    Length spring and a5/BCM buffers, or carbine tube and spring with 9mm weight buffer. Leaning towards the latter.

I’ll have both to play with but any meaningful experience will be welcome.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post

Length spring and a5/BCM buffers, or carbine tube and spring with 9mm weight buffer. Leaning towards the latter.

Pretty much all of the 9mm bolts that use a M16 extractor and a pinned steel weight weigh roughly 14.6 ounces, FM included. Swapping in a KAK tungsten weight and then never cleaning it gets you to 16.5 oz. Adding a brass weight to utilize the empty space with that adds another .6 oz.

For comparison, one with a Colt style extractor and weight weighs 15.4 oz.

If you use the A5 9mm buffers with an A5 tube, you’ll need a spacer. KVP sells one that can be used to increase reciprocating mass further, if so desired. Or you can make one pretty easily or just stack quarters in the ass of it.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-26-24 at 10:38.

Feedback Score

1168 was dead in with the FM BCG weight at just over 14 oz. I think going with a carbine tube and 9mm buffer is the way to go. Simple and reliable. That’s basically what I’m doing and I’ve got a couple thousand rounds through mine so far with no issues. Reliability isn’t an issue and I haven’t noticed any undo wear and tear.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    1168 was dead in with the FM BCG weight at just over 14 oz. I think going with a carbine tube and 9mm buffer is the way to go. Simple and reliable. That’s basically what I’m doing and I’ve got a couple thousand rounds through mine so far with no issues. Reliability isn’t an issue and I haven’t noticed any undo wear and tear.

Good copy, think that just made my mind up.

Mean arms recommends against a solid buffer with their endomags, which is, of course, what I wound up with in my spending frenzy. Guess I’ll search out a better option.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Good copy, think that just made my mind up.

Mean arms recommends against a solid buffer with their endomags, which is, of course, what I wound up with in my spending frenzy. Guess I’ll search out a better option.
    An H3 with a Kynshot spacer might be in the right neighborhood, and you can go up or down from there.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve got an a5 tube in the parts box, just ordered an BCM t3 which I believe is synonymous with a5h4.

Also have a carbine tube, spring, and h3 buffer coming.

Guess I should order the spacer, and try both setups, but the carbine tube, spring, and buffer will most likely go in first.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    An H3 with a Kynshot spacer might be in the right neighborhood, and you can go up or down from there.
    So I will need a spacer if running a standard carbine buffer tube, spring and h3? Committing to the BKing BCG at 14.6oz I believe…. I guess I will find out.

Trying to keep this build as swappable from 9mm-5.56-.22LR as possible. The .22LR is a new add on to this build, but I don’t think it complicates anything.

I’ve got the CMMG conversion that I ran in my 11.5 upper, with no problems, besides making it absolutely filthy after 1000 rounds of .22…. Probably will build up a dedicated .22 upper to run on this lower, after this one is done.

Desired result is a lower that will run all 3 calibers with minimal swapping of lower parts.

Feedback Score
    Do flash hiders work on PCC's? Specifically 7" barrels?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast