Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Min ladder test temp for TAC/69gr

Feedback Score
    Test in 70s then again in 90s? Heck, I'm already 50 rounds in for a test. Between a .3gr ladder starting a couple of gr shy of max to seating depth testing after that, I wouldn't have enough ammo left for bottles and cans! Besides, I'd just lose my records and forget what I came up with!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Test in 70s then again in 90s? Heck, I'm already 50 rounds in for a test. Between a .3gr ladder starting a couple of gr shy of max to seating depth testing after that, I wouldn't have enough ammo left for bottles and cans! Besides, I'd just lose my records and forget what I came up with!
    BINGO! We shoot too many loads in too many guns for this crap. I sometimes envy the guy who has one or two guns that he can carefully master and shoot in an organized manner.

I now have Sierra load data stickers all along the front edge of my loading bench so I can quickly refer back to a successful load. I can't tell you how many times I've tested a load, failed to log it, and had to start all over again a week or two later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    BINGO! We shoot too many loads in too many guns for this crap. I sometimes envy the guy who has one or two guns that he can carefully master and shoot in an organized manner.

I now have Sierra load data stickers all along the front edge of my loading bench so I can quickly refer back to a successful load. I can't tell you how many times I've tested a load, failed to log it, and had to start all over again a week or two later.
    I make two cards ea out of primer boxes and put them in the ziplocks inside ammo cans or buckets with the ammo. Brass goes back in the ziplocks, more or less.

Most of my loads are used across the fleet of guns, though some are made with a specific gun in mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12