Thread: Highway Patrolman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Highway Patrolman

Well, I probably shouldn't have, but I ran across a nice 28-2 6" and it followed me home. Looks like 69 or 70 vintage, hardly shot at all, and the only mark on it is a very fine small scratch right near the cylinder release. It's tough to see unless the light hits just right. I'll let ya know how she runs when I get a chance. She's a beauty.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Post some pics, would like to see it.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Outstanding! I have a 6-inch one that was my dad's from way back in the day. Don't shoot it much but it's a great revolver. The 28s were the plain jane ones while the 27s were the same gun with much nicer blue and different sights. I missed out on a 4-inch one a few years ago that was stamped (NYSP) New York State Police and was bummed about it,LOL. Keep us posted & congrats.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They are fantastic revolvers. I shot mine yesterday. 158 g @1200 fps out of that revolver flattens pepper poppers quite nicely

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    They are fantastic revolvers. I shot mine yesterday. 158 g @1200 fps out of that revolver flattens pepper poppers quite nicely
    LOL,yea good 357 loads are a hoot for sure,gotta be careful the dam flame coming out of the bbl and cylinder gap could burn the house down,LOL! But yes ya know ya got a good load when your in that area. Mine shoots great and the typical S&W trigger is awesome,especially from back then. I have a set of pachmayr grips on it but would love to find some originals just because. Great gun just the same.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations OP! Looking forward to the range report. If you do get the chance, post up some pictures too!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.