Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contemplating a New Build, Receiver Sets?

Feedback Score

Contemplating a New Build, Receiver Sets?

I'm contemplating a new build and would like to know what y'alls think about various receiver set manufacturers.

BCM,
    Zev,
    Lantac, N15 Raven
    San Tan, STT 15
    Centurion Arms, CM4
    Seekins Precision, SP223
    Last edited by ChileRelleno; 03-26-24 at 15:42.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    SOLGW sets are really nice tight

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Every upper receiver I have is tight on a Centurion lower.

So is the Grey Ghost upper/lower I picked up last fall. They may still have blems.

Feedback Score
    Centurion is still pretty well thought of, yes?
    Besides their receiver sets, does anyone have any input on their C4 vs CMR mlok rails?
    Last edited by ChileRelleno; 03-26-24 at 17:37.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I picked up this set last month when they were on sale and am impressed with the fit and finish. I haven’t decided what to build with it yet, though, as I just purchased the set on a whim.

https://www.unbrandedar.com/product-...billet-lowers/
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    BCM still has those $50 blem upper receivers. I got one and it came assembled and a very small almost unnoticeable scratch on it.

Feedback Score
    The FCD/SOLGW set looks really nice. If I was doing a new one I’d probably get that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    The FCD/SOLGW set looks really nice. If I was doing a new one I’d probably get that.
    We shot with a dude who had a SOLGW lower last weekend. Pretty nice looking. Some of their logos aren't my favorite, but the lower looked great.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We shot with a dude who had a SOLGW lower last weekend. Pretty nice looking. Some of their logos aren't my favorite, but the lower looked great.
    FCD did a cobranded set with them a while back. I don’t even know if it’s still available but it looked really nice. And I don’t think it had the SOLGW logo as it was a FCD set made by SOLGW. I’m not a fan of gaudy obnoxious branding. Especially stuff that’s “founding father” themed. It comes off as a little silly to me. But SOLGW stuff has proven to be solid.

https://sonsoflibertygw.com/fcd-anodized-receiver-sets/
    Last edited by DoubleW; 03-27-24 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I’m not a fan of gaudy obnoxious branding. Especially stuff that’s “founding father” themed. It comes off as a little silly to me. But SOLGW stuff has proven to be solid.
    Well put. I really don't like 90% of lower branding that's out there. That Harrington & Richardson lower that PSA sells is pretty cool. I kept wanting to ask the guy who brought it what colt model it originally was because at a glance it looks very Colt.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast