Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LANTAC AR's

Feedback Score

LANTAC AR's

Lantac AR-15s, anyone use them ? how good are they ?

first starting off in the UK now in Texas. their Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group is used by UK sas on their C8 rifles. They also submitted their rifle for the UK ranger rifle trials and supposedly beat quite few other rifles. looking at getting either 12.5 or 13.7 inch barrel.
    Last edited by SHARPSHOOTER282; 03-27-24 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPSHOOTER282 View Post
    their Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group is used by UK sas on their C8 rifles.
    I've got 2 of their BCGs, one in my 11.3 (their M-Spec) and the other is what ADM uses in their AR10 (UIC-10A which uses the Enhanced) and both have been great so far. I have maybe 1k rounds through my 11.3 and maybe 500rds of 308 in the ADM, with a lot of that done in the woods in very cold and sandy, muddy conditions.

As far as their rifles and build quality, I don't have any experience with them. I do like the Medium profile of their barrels from looking at what they have on the website
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have one of their complete builds, and several ARs built with their components. They are solid.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is one I just got done assembling after it was done in Multicam Tropic. Its wearing the upcoming Holosun NV optic.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Some dude that shot with us recently had an AR-10 with a Lantac BCG in it. Pappabear recognized the name a legit stuff. His gun seemed to run fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Their asr suppressor mount has been solid for me.
    Last edited by 454308; 03-27-24 at 17:45. Reason: Didn't fully read stickman's post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have one of their complete builds, and several ARs built with their components. They are solid.
    looking at their specs, i was quite impressed. Their UK compliant AR (straight pull ) uses the the enhanced bolt carrier bolt but modified to make extraction easier such as using a spring between the bolt and the carrier which is compressed when in battery and aids the opening / extraction when you pull back the bolt carrier.

I have an LMT AR-10 , so dont want some cheap tier AR !
    Last edited by SHARPSHOOTER282; 03-27-24 at 17:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Here is one I just got done assembling after it was done in Multicam Tropic. Its wearing the upcoming Holosun NV optic.

how many rounds have you put through it ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPSHOOTER282 View Post
    I have an LMT AR-10 , so dont want some cheap tier AR !
    There's a lot of ARs out there other than Lantac that one would consider not cheap. Why are you looking at Lantac specifically? Is this your second rifle other than your LMT MARS Type, and if so why not just go back to LMT?
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    There's a lot of ARs out there other than Lantac that one would consider not cheap. Why are you looking at Lantac specifically? Is this your second rifle other than your LMT MARS Type, and if so why not just go back to LMT?

I Wouldnt consider Lantac a cheap tier , looking at their specs , they are well up there ! (the sas use their enhanced bolt carrier on their C8 rifles) being the UK our ARs have to be striaght pull conversion. Lantac make a dedicated bolt carrier that has features to make extraction and bolt opening easier, such as their 'assist opening' which is a spring fitting behind the bolt which compressed by the carrier when in battery, hence why i looking specifily at lantac.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast