Thread: Calling all my aviation nerds, who has heard of Cyclo-rotor tech

Feedback Score

Calling all my aviation nerds, who has heard of Cyclo-rotor tech

Has anyone ever heard of Cyclo-rotor technology? I feel as a former Airwing POG and just general aviation nerd I had not really heard that this was a feasible option, but apparently this is advancing even more rapidly as it has benefits to power, speed and over all stability.

https://newatlas.com/aircraft/cyclot...otor-cruiseup/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclorotor

I just thought this was cool and as a former buddy of mine who got out and now works on drones in this tech, I thought that I would share.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have heard of this before. I remember reading about a prototype @1999-2000. It is a cool concept. The concept I saw though had the rotor on the leading edge of a real wing facing forward, instead of the newer independent drone type rotating rotors.

The only thing that I'm not sure of with the newer design is what happens if one motor fails or a rotor self destructs or partially destructs. What happens to the control of the craft. I am thinking your effed having no glide ability and independent lift vectors at 4 sides of the craft, unless it has the ability to have control with just 2 opposite corner rotors.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 03-27-24 at 13:36.