Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone actually using see-through red dot optic lens covers?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Alright... I went ahead and took them off my HD guns to start. Strange... such a small change but quite liberating. I bet this is what the bra-burning women in the 1960's felt like.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Alright... I went ahead and took them off my HD guns to start. Strange... such a small change but quite liberating.
    Yeah. Those things don't belong on a house gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send it... View Post
    Some of the Halosun AEMS red dot's have pretty good glass Lenscovers that flip up. Far better than the Aimpoint clear covers.
    Glass

https://www.holosun.eu/p/70154887

The covers on the 515 series are glass too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. Those things don't belong on a house gun.
    I have a pro on my bedside rifle, clear lens cover on the rear, solid on the front. We live fairly rural, lots of dust. I’ve tried covers off and they just get coated. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I have a pro on my bedside rifle, clear lens cover on the rear, solid on the front. We live fairly rural, lots of dust. I’ve tried covers off and they just get coated. Any suggestions?
    Not really. That's just the limitation of optics. I just wipe my Comp M3 with a soft Tshirt when it gets dusty.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's kind of sad. For Aimpoints ridiculous prices, they shouldn't be getting beat by holo.
    Glass for the transparent section is great for clarity and scratch resistance, terrible for impact resistance; I suspect that Aimpoint uses polycarbonate, which has poor optical clarity and scratch resistance, but excellent impact resistance. For my uses, I would much, much rather have the polycarbonate than the glass.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats the point. Coat the cover, not the lense.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Glass for the transparent section is great for clarity and scratch resistance, terrible for impact resistance; I suspect that Aimpoint uses polycarbonate, which has poor optical clarity and scratch resistance, but excellent impact resistance. For my uses, I would much, much rather have the polycarbonate than the glass.
    Yes. Its sacrificial and durability > clarity. If you need it, flip it up and you have 100% clarity and sight picture.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-21-24 at 21:48.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12