Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "I'd like to speak with my attorney......"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    What's wrong with having an attorney 'on call' ? Actually have two...one is my personal attorney; the other my nephew. Both aware of situations/scenarios that might arise and are prepared to handle issues 24/7.
    Nothing. And there's certainly nothing wrong with consulting with an attorney on issues of particular interest prior to actually needing one... might even avoid needing an attorney. Of course consulting with the Internet is less expensive, initially anyway.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Also of VERY important note: WHEN you call 911... say as little as you can get by with... and nothing more. It's recorded... and WILL be played in court. NEVER forget that. Don't let a dispatcher talk you into some stupid comments.

"I was attacked, was in danger, and had to defend myself.... I am here (location).... send police and EMS." and not much more than that at all is best. and do NOT have your damned smokewagon in your hands when they arrive!
    This is an important point. I just watched this show on my DVR last night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31715618/

The guy all the cops assumed to be a murderer, to the point the DA filed it as 1st Degree, had a textbook 911 call and response to responding officers. He even requested an ambulance for his attacker BEFORE asking for police. That and an actually intelligent defense attorney are probably the only reasons he was exonerated at trial. Anyone who carries a gun should watch this one.

Pray you never have to shoot someone in defense. Pray double you don't have responding officers and a DA with the mindset his did!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    One other thing to consider: local ops vs Feds. Locals don't have that pesky double-standard all-encompassing Lying To A Fed where if they ask for the time at 1023 and you tell them it's 1025 they can twist it to jam you up.

NEVER talk to Alphabet Soup, don't even give them "Good Morning" except through a lawyer.
    Keep in mind some states have laws that mirror 18 USC § 1001, they're just not as zealous in their use of it. If ever asked to speak to an alphabet agent, my SOP is "I'm sorry, policy prohibits me from speaking to you at this time."
    Last edited by glocktogo; 04-05-24 at 15:42.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567