Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Glock or Not to Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely go to Glock. Sounds like you want a Glock 49 which is 19 frame and 17 slide length

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are SO MANY options out there that will be equal to or better than gLoCk.

Go shoot some alternatives and decide if you like / shoot them better than your M&P. I too don't see investing that amount in an M&P. Just buy a new pistol with the features you want.

Full disclosure, I'm an admitted gLoCk hater.

Feedback Score
    I will say if I wasn't obsessed with 357 sig, which pretty much means a Glock for aftermarket support. I got a CZ P10F competition, as a present and I love this pistol, the trigger is great, if only I could get it in 357 sig.

Feedback Score
    I much prefer the M&P9 to the glock brick. The mags go in and out easier and a better grip angle. I would just keep it and mill it. Maybe add a better trigger.

The Barrels/recoil spring on M&P9 and the 2.0 version are interchangeable. They tightened up the slop on the 2.0 version. Years ago S&W sent me one (pro courtesy) for my legacy M&P9 when I complained about the accuracy on the 1.0... it worked. Went from ~5" @ 25m to 2.5"

If you have the patience & aptitude, fitting an apex (or maybe other maker) barrel can get sub 2"

Third party verification on parts matrix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mii7MDOcHN0
    Last edited by NoVA5326; 03-31-24 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have both a G19 and M&P 2.0 Compact and can not say I prefer one over the other. I definitely spent more time with the Glock triggers over the years but the M&P 2.0 just feels right in the hands.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been a Glock fan for about 20 years now. I have an affinity for them as I own many. I have found through the years that Glocks are not for everyone for one reason or another. That said, it is one of the most dependable firearms built and have been in-service across the world since 1982. Personally, I have no problem shooting Glocks even after shooting 1911s for many years. My latest Glock acquisition is a G47 MOS Gen5. It is said to be replacing the Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS. The G49 is a compact version as the grip is slightly shorter. If you prefer something with a slightly shorter barrel, there is the G19 MOS Gen5, the G19X (no provision for an optic), or the G19X MOS Gen5. The good thing with Glocks is that there is a lot of support for them, not only from Glock, but the aftermarket as well.

Whether to buy a Glock or not is purely up to you. We can only make recommendations.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The current M&P 2.0 pistols seem to be solid. I was soured on the M&P when it first came out. I carried one and attended several armors courses. Lets just say, with all the issues that occured during that time, they went on their way.

I have carried Glocks on an off duty for a very long time, over 30 years. For their intended purpose, they are excellent firearms. There are however many other poly guns out there there have better ergos, and are just as reliable and durable.

With that, don't let ergonomics trip you up. While a particular pistol may feel really good in a static environment, that doesn't alway translate into better performance when your running it.

Glocks have a solid place in the market, parts and support are plentiful, and it is very easy to find a part or product for a Glock. I do venture out to other brands, but Glock has always been my goto. I'm not a fanboy by any means, but as invested in the ecosystem as I am, it would be a costly endeavor to abandon Glock altogether.

I think you need to ask yourself, do I want to try something completely different, Glock, or do I want to just upgrade my current platform, M&P 2.0. Both of them perform the same function, it really comes down to personal preference.
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 04-01-24 at 08:51.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If Shadow Systems is in the conversation, maybe consider the Zev options also?

I'm not a fanboy of any particular brand of handgun, but I will say that the Glock aftermarket can't be beat. I EDC a Zev Ozc9 now (it replaced a G19) after it ran about 800 trouble-free range rounds. The use of glock mags and most other accessories (key exception: holsters) is nice to me, but the addition of a superior trigger and sights makes it a winner for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    If Shadow Systems is in the conversation, maybe consider the Zev options also?

I'm not a fanboy of any particular brand of handgun, but I will say that the Glock aftermarket can't be beat. I EDC a Zev Ozc9 now (it replaced a G19) after it ran about 800 trouble-free range rounds. The use of glock mags and most other accessories (key exception: holsters) is nice to me, but the addition of a superior trigger and sights makes it a winner for me.
    It is hard to beat the ZEV OZ9 pistols. I have a couple myself. However, I still like my Glocks. OZ9s are a whole different level.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    I have both a G19 and M&P 2.0 Compact and can not say I prefer one over the other. I definitely spent more time with the Glock triggers over the years but the M&P 2.0 just feels right in the hands.
    I have a full size 2.0 .45 and it's been the pistol I shoot best, period. We got even more accurate when I started reloading. (Coated lead bullets)

But it's always been a little too big and I prefer DA / SA for CC for the extra margin of safety.

I contemplated selling it because I'm into .40 now but I can't do it, I'm too good with. So I've ordered an M&P 2.0 Compact with night sights in .40 with a manual safety.

Hopefully I shoot it as well as the .45. As for the safety, I may only use during holstering or I may leave it on, should I ever decide to carry it.

I'm currently carrying a PX4 .40. I do fine with it but I'm better with the M&P .45.

If the .40 works out great I'll get the .22 w/threaded barrel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast