Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New build won’t group

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'm really curious as to what caused this, so report back when you hear from them.

Did you verify the bore was actually rifled? I know of at least one instance where a smooth bore barrel made it into the hands of a consumer, I don't recall the brand off the top of my head but it wasn't Sionics.
    22 caliber shotgun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'm really curious as to what caused this, so report back when you hear from them.

Did you verify the bore was actually rifled? I know of at least one instance where a smooth bore barrel made it into the hands of a consumer, I don't recall the brand off the top of my head but it wasn't Sionics.
    It was a Fierce rifle. There was a thread on Rokslide.com forum titled "Fierce firearms disaster". It seems the customer purchased a Fierce rifle, and kept getting high pressure signs with horrible accuracy. He returned it to Fierce who sent it back to him saying "we shot it and all is well". He shot it again with similar results, and ended up discovering the barrel had no rifling in the bore. It seems Fierce missed it on the initial test fire, and again on the subsequent firing when the customer returned it.
    He ended up taking to his gunsmith who miked the barrel and discovered that the barrel had only been pilot drilled, and had no rifling.
    Last edited by La26; 04-02-24 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it’s rifled I actually did look while I was in the woods shooting lol

Feedback Score
    Check the barrel extension. I had one that came loose. The alignment pin limits the movement, so I needed to very closely to see. The barrel shot lousy because of that.

It was caused by my incorrect way of removing a tight muzzle device. I should have clamped the barrel shank for that, not the upper receiver. True that the extension should have been torqued so tight to the barrel that it wouldn't have happened, but it did. The barrel manufacturer was nice enough to send me a new barrel.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Starting to sound like it may be a bur somewhere in the barrel. If it is, I would guess right around the gas port.

How many rounds do you have down the tube and was any sort break-in done?

Feedback Score
    I fired a little more than thirty rounds. There was no break in. I was just looking at it again while I was boxing it up to ship. I looked to make sure the barrel was chromed and didn’t see any abnormalities but I don’t own a bore scope so couldn’t really tell for sure. I am going to ship it tomorrow after work. So hopefully I will have some answers in a little time. I figure if they say it’s fine I will get a set of magpul flip up irons and see what happens. I guess that will be the best place to start.

Feedback Score
    Every company makes an occasional dud. Looking forward to the results. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Yeah last year I had a Bcm bcg that sheared the fasteners for the gas key it wasn’t locking back on empty magazines they replaced it and I have had no problems with that upper since. It is extremely accurate and just works great. It can happen even with quality stuff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    A loose barrel nut would give you those results.
    That is the first thing I thought of as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Bump…..curious if you found out the cause. I had the exact issue once upon a time. It was my Eotech. Wouldn’t hold zero. New out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast