Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New build won’t group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Agree. Unless the barrel nut is loose I don't believe that barrel nut torque has any effect on accuracy.
    A loose barrel nut would give you those results. There are people who believe it is harmful to ultimate accuracy for the barrel nut to be overly tight, but that’s not what we are dealing with here.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've never had anything from Sionics fail to shoot well, to the point I wish I had stacked their LW mid-length barrels deep when they used to go on sale. Please let us know what ends up being the culprit.

Feedback Score
    Yeah my buddies 16in upper is a laser beam. Everything else I have bought from them has been very high quality. I am sure they will make it right. I am just kind of curious/perplexed.

Feedback Score
    So many questions for so many variables.

I assume the barrel is free floated.
    Is the gas block a clamp-on, screw-on, or pinned?
    How much clearance does the gas block have when you put pressure on the barrel or handguard?
    Are you running a slim line type handguard?
    Last edited by fedupflyer; 04-01-24 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it’s free floated. The gas block is screw on. The handguard is sionics mlok. I checked the gas block when I got home today I didn’t see anywhere where it was in contact with the rail. I talked to sionics today and will be sending it in for them to look at. They actually pick up the phone there which is unheard of these days. I am looking forward to seeing what they find. When I looked it over tonight nothing stood out to me. The way it was shooting made me think the mount was loose on the EOTECH. But as I said before it wasn’t and it did fine on my other rifle. This is a weird one. I never have failed to zero a rifle. The guys at sionics seem solid so I guess after they get it I will know if I missed something easy or obvious or if there really is something wrong with it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I've never had anything from Sionics fail to shoot well, to the point I wish I had stacked their LW mid-length barrels deep when they used to go on sale. Please let us know what ends up being the culprit.
    SIONICS is top notch, I bought an extra 16” LW and MW Mid-length back in the day just sitting in inventory. Josh and crew have always taken care of me and been responsible to email and phone calls, deal with confidence.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Was there any evidence of bullet strike on the inside of the muzzle device?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Was there any evidence of bullet strike on the inside of the muzzle device?
    No. I looked for that last night I didn’t see anything. I pushed on the barrel side to side it didn’t seem to flex any more than my Bcm did in comparison. The Bcm is an elw don’t know if the Bcm would flex more never looked at that before. Outside of the accuracy stuff I really like the upper. The rail seems solid and straight it is gassed properly the recoil impulse is smooth ejection was consistent. Brass piled nice and neat at about 3:30. I don’t want it to seem like I am complaining about sionics at all they have been a pleasure to deal with both about this and I had some questions in the past. I have built a few lowers with their lpk with the enhanced mil spec triggers & I bought an np3 bcg a while back. All have been top notch parts and they have been nothing but helpful. If it does end up that something is wrong with this upper I won’t hesitate to buy from them again. I work in manufacturing and know shit happens sometimes.
    I was thinking about it last night while I was looking the upper over and if it is defective my money is on the muzzle device being somehow involved. Just makes the most sense to me. But I’m not an expert

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm really curious as to what caused this, so report back when you hear from them.

Did you verify the bore was actually rifled? I know of at least one instance where a smooth bore barrel made it into the hands of a consumer, I don't recall the brand off the top of my head but it wasn't Sionics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'm really curious as to what caused this, so report back when you hear from them.

Did you verify the bore was actually rifled? I know of at least one instance where a smooth bore barrel made it into the hands of a consumer, I don't recall the brand off the top of my head but it wasn't Sionics.
    I'm thinking that was Ballistic Advantage, but it just as easily could have been Faxon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast