Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NIB Colt 6933 - Safety Won't Move To Fire...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Word up! I fukking hate those useless things!

Use your choices and relax.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Word up! I fukking hate those useless things!
    You hate everything lol

Feedback Score
    I'm not seeing Loctite on that screw. That's red Nylok, same as what you find that comes pre-applied to mil-spec stock screws. It's not the same as a thread locker.

Something had to have been wrong with the parts (or perhaps the factory assembly monkey cross threaded the screw) for the screw to have seized up before threading all the way in. Also, sometimes those Nylok patches can be applied so thick, or so close to the start of the threads on the screw that it can be difficult to know if it is being threaded in right to start. And it could have been that the build up of Nylok was just so thick that it bound up going in and seized up the screw, but the stuff doesn't cure in a way (like a thread locker) to glue the parts together. It's just supposed to be an interference fit to prevent the part from vibrating loose.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 04-03-24 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SAUG just demonstrated that under the right circumstances, the Colt ambi safety can brick your rifle.

I have personal experience that some ambi variants interfere with certain triggers (Larue MBT) and can create a potentially unsafe condition if the builder isn't paying attention.

You do you, I'll continue to do me, irrespective of the condescending remarks, none of which I resemble.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    You hate everything lol
    That's true!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    The small lever and screw has nothing to do with the normal operation of the safety, without it installed it operates like a non ambi and is held in position by the detent and spring just like any other safety. Any play back and forth came from some other problem. I can take any ambi safety I've got and stick it in any in spec lower without the small lever and screw and it will work perfectly. That safety was junk, shit happens.
    That's right. Install the GI part of the safety correctly (the detent actuated by the grip), then screw on the small lever. The small lever is just like the knob on the stick shift stick of a car. It has nothing to do with the transmission of the car. No way a knob can brick a car, and no way an ambi safety can brick a rifle.

The factory (or whoever put the lower together) didn't do the first step right and check. They just screwed on that lever anyway and let it go.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tangolima; 04-03-24 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    SAUG just demonstrated that under the right circumstances, the Colt ambi safety can brick your rifle.

I have personal experience that some ambi variants interfere with certain triggers (Larue MBT) and can create a potentially unsafe condition if the builder isn't paying attention.

You do you, I'll continue to do me, irrespective of the condescending remarks, none of which I resemble.
    What functional part of the gun can’t “brick” a rifle under the right circumstances? I’ve had a bad barrel from the factory. Should I write off the barrel as a junk AR part and go without?

There’s a big difference between the basic ambi safety and a polymer bolt carrier that’s supposed to reduce weight or some other stupid shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Depends on the Ambi selector. I use the Geissele safety selector below in a couple of my rifles (no screws) and have never had any issues with it.

https://geissele.com/super-configura...tor-black.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What functional part of the gun can’t “brick” a rifle under the right circumstances? I’ve had a bad barrel from the factory. Should I write off the barrel as a junk AR part and go without?

There’s a big difference between the basic ambi safety and a polymer bolt carrier that’s supposed to reduce weight or some other stupid shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Well you need a barrel, you don't NEED an ambi safety. It's an unnecessary part that can brick your rifle is what I believe he was saying.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I'll repeat myself, the little lever and screw had NOT A FUkKING THING TO DO with his problem. They were not "bricking" his gun people. The safety selector drum and the detent were not installed correctly or the drum was not in spec. A non ambi selector would do the VERY SAME thing if installed the same way.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast