Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Question on BUIS

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    That has not been my experience at all in shoothouses. I'll put money to mouth and post targets from 25y on Friday, 4/19.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    So Ive been noticing over the last few years that more and more people aren’t running BUIS on their AR and solely relying on the optic (red dot,lpvo,etc) is this the new trend? And are they obsolete now? Curious on thoughts.
    I've noticed this too. Doesn't make much sense to me, but what the hell do I know.

All my stuff has backups. #KidsTheseDays #BUIS4EVER #LowerThirdLifer

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    On a 3-9x, phoria resulted in…I don’t remember, a several inches off at closer distance. I may have a post, but I can’t remember if I had my target like 10-15 yards out or pushed to 50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    On a 3-9x, phoria resulted in…I don’t remember, a several inches off at closer distance. I may have a post, but I can’t remember if I had my target like 10-15 yards out or pushed to 50.
    I only do it with an Aimpoint, to me it's a red dot only tool, to avoid chasing the brightness setting under varying light conditions. I would never recommend it for general shooting with other optics.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    So Ive been noticing over the last few years that more and more people aren’t running BUIS on their AR and solely relying on the optic (red dot,lpvo,etc) is this the new trend? And are they obsolete now? Curious on thoughts.
    Where have you noticed, recreational shooting or during classes?

A couple guys I know have several rifles, not all of them are designated for self defense. It's not unusual to see them at the club with a magnified optic riding solo on the rifle.

My primary rifle has RDS and BUIS. Unlike some folks here describing a shattered optic making a standard co-witness setup unusable, I use a tall mount which allows for use of BUIS through the mount just under the optic. Of course an obstructed view through mount would present a similar situation.

Considering the minimal size, weight and cost of BUIS I don't see much downside, though I think a lot of folks mount BUIS on their rifle as ornaments. I haven't practiced with the Magpul Pro on my rifle since zeroing... so... uh...
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-16-24 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Where have you noticed, recreational shooting or during classes?
    In my experience: Reddit, Insta...Shit like that.

People shooting Reels not people shooting For Realz.

Some of them are loud about it too. They'll call you all sorts of names if you try to suggest that a BUIS isn't a waste of money. But like I said, what do I know...

Feedback Score
    I have BUIS on all my rifles except for 2 that have LPVO’s. That is primarily because I have them mounted all the way to the rear. I know I could mount a rear sight in front but honestly I don’t care. Come to think of it, on my last tour in the beautiful nation of Iraq I had an ACOG on an M4 with no rear sight. Never was an issue and I never gave it a second thought.

Yeah, seems like a lot of builds on our site haven't been addingin buis. A few I've helped just been using them as range guns although most of the people who have been doing it though have a SHTF back-up. Unless it's just a range gun I would always have buis. Or at least have them at home.
    Last edited by Gunpartpicker; 04-18-24 at 17:23.
    Head developer at https://gunpartpicker.net/

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    That has not been my experience at all in shoothouses. I'll put money to mouth and post targets from 25y on Friday, 4/19.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...41#post3152441

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    though I think a lot of folks mount BUIS on their rifle as ornaments.
    I have one like that. It's my weekend ACOG blaster. I found a Maetech rear site in my cupboard and put it on there under the COG even though it's highly unlikely I'd ever use it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast