Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What do you put on barrel extensions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Honestly I can't recommend the 2Unique stock wrench for a few reasons. First, I believe the heat treat on the one I have is bad. It actually started to deform against the aluminum wrench flats on a rifle receiver extension when I used it to remove one. Second, the castle nut portion of the wrench is really best suited for use in the tightening direction (clockwise) as it's a spanner type design. Third, there's no torque wrench slot so you just have to have a good feel for the torque specs when using it, which isn't really ideal. It may be possible that the heat treat issue is long past on current production versions.

I can highly recommend the 2Unique barrel wrenches and the barreling spud though.

For rifle receiver extensions nothing I've tried beats the Brownells stock wrench. And for castle nuts nothing beats the Tango Down castle nut wrench. Both pictured to the left of the 2Unique stock wrench.
    Fortunately I have both the TD and Brownells and the FCD which is the one I end up using the most. Thank you for the reply!
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Oh no, lol. That's one of the centerpieces of my collection. It was $350 new, but I'm never giving that one up.

Do you have an heir? I would take the job lol!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Do you have an heir? I would take the job lol!
    If I die sooner than expected my brothers will probably end up with it, but if neither of them want any of it I'll put you down on the list to take it all.

My youngest brother probably would want the tool collection though as he is a mechanically inclined gun nut. He's just more into working on cars than ARs. Both of my brothers are gun nuts with ARs, so I'm sure they wouldn't refuse any of the tools. They come to me and usually point their friends my direction for any AR related work.

I baby my tools though, once I go that will most likely be the end of that.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 04-14-24 at 09:59.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678