Thread: Zastava M77 308 - I got one...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Zastava M77 308 - I got one...

...bit of an impulse purchase, but a known reliable and proven .308 battle rifle with adjustable gas and excellent accuracy for 1200$...was a no brainer.

200 rounds thus far with Igman 147gr M80. One failure to feed at round #4, which I attribute to a brand new gun and magazine on gas setting #2. Has not repeated itself and the gun has run in freezing cold and snow in the prone, kneeling and standing. Shot a perfect CSAT Qual. with it as well.

10 shot group @ 100 yards:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patrin; 04-07-24 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cool. I've always liked the look of .308 AKs. Really wish someone would put out a remake of the Galil ARM in 7.62 NATO, and keep it halfway affordable.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Nice! I’m a little jealous. That was a smart move. Half the cost of the M91 and it’s probably just as accurate. Plus you have the much more common and affordable .308 round. I might have to put an M77 on my list too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Is that like a 2.5" or 3" group at 100y? If so not bad for a [former] commie weapon, especially with notch irons and non-match ammo.

Also unfired like my ZPAP M70, I put the KNS Precision rear peep irons on it (this sight is on both weapons). https://knsprecisioninc.com/ak-adjus...ar-peep-sight/

I'll eventually get around to shooting it so can't vouch for the irons as of yet but a peep is the way to go.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Box is 6 inches across, so there abouts a 2.5 MOA, 10 shot group.

Shooting off the magazine, prone, factory irons - I was pleased. I’ve been looking at those KNS irons actually, plan to try them out at some point.

Feedback Score
    Not bad.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    Box is 6 inches across, so there abouts a 2.5 MOA, 10 shot group.

Shooting off the magazine, prone, factory irons - I was pleased. I’ve been looking at those KNS irons actually, plan to try them out at some point.
    That is EXCELLENT. Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Cool. I've always liked the look of .308 AKs. Really wish someone would put out a remake of the Galil ARM in 7.62 NATO, and keep it halfway affordable.
    Here's the new improved version.

https://iwi.us/product/gar55/

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That's a sexy rifle. I really need to get one of those. Good group.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus