Thread: 16" Build

Feedback Score

16" Build

This is a rifle that I built for my wife to use for hunting deer and hogs, and target shooting. She said that she didn't want a light on it, no rail covers. I might put some Magpul polymer buis. She also has an old Troy padded sling. I wanted to build something light weight but still durable, reliable, and accurate. It has the first lower receiver I ever bought, back when the "chart" was popular. At the time I didn't have a lot of money and I bought a stripped DPMS lower, put a Bushmaster lower parts kit in it, and put a LMT 16" A2 front sight upper on it(had it on layaway). Since then I replaced the lower parts with BCM parts and put a RRA 2 stage varmint trigger in it. The LMT upper is now on a complete BCM lower.

Geissle tapered profile 16" barrel
    Geissle 13.5" MK14 rail
    BCM blem upper
    M16 Microbest BCG
    Radian LT charging handle
    DPMS lower
    BCM lower parts
    RRA 2 stage varmint trigger
    Sig Romeo 5 red dot sight
    6.8 lbs

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Very nice. I'd love to know how the Geissele barrel shoots for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Very nice. I'd love to know how the Geissele barrel shoots for you.
    I took it to the range one time so far. I was kinda in a hurry. I have astigmatism so I'm switching my rifles to prism scopes and maybe lpvo, and I shot this target with cheap factory ammo that had been in storage years. I just wanted to make sure the rifle functioned and somewhat a better zero. You can see the first shots hit low and to the left and I made adjustments up and right. Keep in mind I have astigmatism. This was at 25 yards. The last group was 3 or 4 shots that I measured here less than 3/4". I figure it's about 3" at 100 yards with that ammo and my eyesight. I'm sure with a better optic and ammo, I can get it down to less than 1 moa at 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Nice! Glad to see it's working out.