Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never let your guard down until threat is neutralized!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Never let your guard down until threat is neutralized!

Warning graphic video.

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/world/...352-2024-04-15

Good Samaritans come to the aid of a carjack victim. The BG tries to get away stealing a truck. Me personally, I probably would have let the truck go. Don’t stop fighting or drop your guard until the threat is gone.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Warning graphic video.

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/world/...352-2024-04-15

Good Samaritans come to the aid of a carjack victim. The BG tries to get away stealing a truck. Me personally, I probably would have let the truck go. Don’t stop fighting or drop your guard until the threat is gone.
    That is about 2 hours from me, just southeast of Ft Bragg/Fayetteville, in a shitty town. Big news around here. Crazy it ended up in that publication.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    That is about 2 hours from me, just southeast of Ft Bragg/Fayetteville, in a shitty town. Big news around here. Crazy it ended up in that publication.
    Buddy sent the link to me on FB, but that didn’t last long before they pulled it down. I went looking and found it there.

Side note, have you seen all the folks from India that report local small town local news on YouTube? I was trying to find a report on a local MVA and there was a video from some teenage kid in India making a report on it. They use improper phrases and clip screenshots from local stuff to report it, but it looks like kids on their webcams trying to be reporters. You can tell they aren’t stateside.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When Shenanagands begin, get off the X.
    It doesn't really matter who's the cause of it, or if you are a primary or secondary target, you gotta get low and move.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It’s a good example that carrying a gun is not a magic talisman. This poor guy probably lived his life up to that point believing that pulling a gun would end the fight and he would be victorious. His body language seemed to show a mix of confusion and bewilderment.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Holy crap. I heard about that yesterday, but hadn't seen the video. Definitely a case of "shoot until the target changes shape or catches fire." Bastard thief aimed the vehicle right at that guy too, no doubt about it. Hope they fry his butt. O

So weird that the guy draws and fires a few times, but when the first 2-4 shots didn't work, acted so confused. I got into an argument with a guy the other day on another forum who said you only ever needed 5-6 rounds, because after that the bad guy will run away or you'll be dead. I told him that was dumb, and this video just proves it. Shoot till dry, reload, and decide if you need to keep on firing or not after that.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I think he expected the guy to just keal over and die with 1 or 2 shots like they do in the movies. Still had plenty of life left in him to back up and get a run at the shooter.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    wtf was that?..... was he shooting the thief with Ruger number 1? That was the slowest defensive shooting and the most telegraphed vehicular homicide I can possibly imagine.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Holy crap. I heard about that yesterday, but hadn't seen the video. Definitely a case of "shoot until the target changes shape or catches fire." Bastard thief aimed the vehicle right at that guy too, no doubt about it. Hope they fry his butt. O

So weird that the guy draws and fires a few times, but when the first 2-4 shots didn't work, acted so confused. I got into an argument with a guy the other day on another forum who said you only ever needed 5-6 rounds, because after that the bad guy will run away or you'll be dead. I told him that was dumb, and this video just proves it. Shoot till dry, reload, and decide if you need to keep on firing or not after that.
    No surprises at all. A doc everyone should read, then read again:

"Further, it appears that many people are predisposed to fall down when shot. This phenomenon is
    independent of caliber, bullet, or hit location, and is beyond the control of the shooter. It can only be
    proven in the act, not predicted. It requires only two factors to be effected: a shot and cognition of
    being shot by the target. Lacking either one, people are not at all predisposed to fall down and don’t.
    Given this predisposition, the choice of caliber and bullet is essentially irrelevant. People largely fall
    down when shot, and the apparent predisposition to do so exists with equal force among the good guys
    as among the bad. The causative factors are most likely psychological in origin. Thousands of books,
    movies and television shows have educated the general population that when shot, one is supposed to
    fall down." - Handgun Wounding Factors and Effectiveness
    Special Agent UREY W. PATRICK, FIREARMS TRAINING UNIT FBI ACADEMY QUANTICO
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Curious story.

Media reports multiple good Samaritans successfully assisted a victim of an attempted car jacking, one of them being the deceased who had got out of his DOT truck to go help. Then the carjacker went over to the deceased's DOT truck to steal it instead. The deceased then tried to prevent the carjacker from stealing his DOT truck. Below is a pic of the carjacker and the deceased at his DOT truck prior to the carjacker getting in the truck.

Excerpts from different reports:

A. Ricky Alex Driggers, 28, was trying to steal a car, but then a group of good Samaritans stopped him, leading to Driggers stealing one of the good Samaritans’ cars, according to police.

B. 38-year-old Jonathan Adam Lecompte confronted suspect Ricky Driggers, 28, "Don't get in the g------ truck, fool," Lecompte shouts, gun drawn.

C. Investigators said Driggers jumped into LeCompte’s Department of Transportation vehicle. Video shows Lecompte firing several gunshots at Driggers before he put the truck in reverse and backed away.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-16-24 at 16:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast