Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illeagle stabs two Guardsmen, gets shot by another.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    I hope the Guardsman doesn't catch some bogus Federal charges for disenfranchising one of their undocumented Democrats.
    I'm sure they've alread ostracized him, they've read him his rights and he's most likely sitting in a Cell having an MRE for lunch.
    The Military loves to eat their own.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    I hope the Guardsman doesn't catch some bogus Federal charges for disenfranchising one of their undocumented Democrats.
    Oh he’s gonna catch charges. The JAG corps will see to it.

For starters he’s enlisted, so they can’t wait to throw him under the bus.

Feedback Score
    I'm actually pleased that he had live ammo. On TOS there is a guy who is NG and supposedly did border duty awhile back and he has posted pics of the loaded mags they carried.

One concerning thing with having loaded weapons is that bum-rush of the NG guys a few weeks back where the vermin swarmed all over them like the rats in "Willard". That could lead to a loaded weapon being taken from one of our folks and turned on them. Simple solution to that though: shoot the bastards! Don't tussle with them.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I'm actually pleased that he had live ammo. On TOS there is a guy who is NG and supposedly did border duty awhile back and he has posted pics of the loaded mags they carried.

One concerning thing with having loaded weapons is that bum-rush of the NG guys a few weeks back where the vermin swarmed all over them like the rats in "Willard". That could lead to a loaded weapon being taken from one of our folks and turned on them. Simple solution to that though: shoot the bastards! Don't tussle with them.
    On more than one occasion guys have brought some ammo from home because they don't trust the system to have ammo when and where they need it.
    There's more than likely four AR magazines with five rounds each locked in a 7.62 can in the guard shack 300 yds away.
    Yeah, you're good to go.
    Edit to Add;

Fiesty Aint they?
    Last edited by Averageman; 04-17-24 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    On more than one occasion guys have brought some ammo from home because they don't trust the system to have ammo when and where they need it.
    There's more than likely four AR magazines with five rounds each locked in a 7.62 can in the guard shack 300 yds away.
    Yeah, you're good to go.
    Edit to Add;

Fiesty Aint they?
    We used to do that way back in the mid-80's after the Beirut barracks bombing. If the brass hadn't learned their lesson, we weren't on board with that. Rather face UCMJ than a coroner's slab!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Yeah, you're good to go.
    Remember the movie "Southern Comfort" from back in the day? I know you do, you're an old bastage like me! That one NG guy who brought some of his own ammo with him.....

Hell, I could probably bring some better ammo than the military issues, even though M855A1 is a pretty decent round. Come to think of it, I have some of that too so could bring that and it would be hard to prove it wasn't .gov issued as no lot numbers are on the headstamp!

And yes, I recall the 5rds of 5.56 loaded for guard duty, 3 if it was a 12 gauge. Don't dare chamber one either!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-17-24 at 18:09.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    We used to do that way back in the mid-80's after the Beirut barracks bombing.
    IIRC those gate guards were allowed a loaded magazine but couldn't have one in the chamber, correct? Or was it a loaded mag but not allowed to be in the weapon? 'Cause one of them got off a few shots but by the time the rifle was chambered the truck had passed his position and he couldn't fire into the cab. The whole thing was retarded because by that time the Beirut International Airport was a freaking combat zone.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    IIRC those gate guards were allowed a loaded magazine but couldn't have one in the chamber, correct? Or was it a loaded mag but not allowed to be in the weapon? 'Cause one of them got off a few shots but by the time the rifle was chambered the truck had passed his position and he couldn't fire into the cab. The whole thing was retarded because by that time the Beirut International Airport was a freaking combat zone.
    I wasn't there so I can't state it as fact. Similar to what ABNAK stated, most of the time for us it was 10 rounds, 5 in each of two mags and at least in my unit's case, the mags had to stay in the mag pouch. Ship security was 5 rounds of 00 Buck in the tube and don't you dare chamber a round.

When I was in the Gulf was the only time we carried full combat load, with a full mag inserted and chamber empty unless a threat approached us.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Different scenario, but related I guess. When we were in Haiti, we had a full combat load, and carried a loaded mag in our M4s, but were forbidden from chambering a round. The only times we did were during some riots, or when we got shot at. Got yelled at both times for it.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...9ec1e0421&ei=8
    Texas officials are investigating a shooting at the U.S.-Mexico border near El Paso that involved a National Guard soldier assigned to Operation Lone Star, the Texas-led border security mission.

“Early on the afternoon of 14 April, a National Guard service member assigned to Operation Lone Star discharged a weapon in a border-related incident,” Texas Military Department officials told Army Times in an email statement. “The incident is under investigation. More information will be made available as the investigation progresses.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast