Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay Officially A BUMMER!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I sold a few things like tools & gun parts way back in the day, but quit when they force fed PayPal...doubt it was over 5% then.

Gunbroker may force me over to gunsinternational if they keep raising...they are now like 6% for the first $500 & 5% until you hit $15k or some crap. Not sure what seller's threshold is for consignment percentages, but I'm gonna have to go up.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

Basically the same thing Armslist did, just more obvious and in your face. haha
    Armslist is like $7 a month....No percentage after sale. $3 month for vets...$30 month for vendors.....Yeah it used to be free but nothings free and I have zero issues paying for the use of Armslist. I like this model much better than percentage of sale!

BTW Ebay still screwing me and the buyer around. After me calling and saying I'm not going to give financials a 6th time to pay the fees AGAIN they are refusing to refund the buyer. Their solution; make the buyer wait until it becomes a case and then they will pay and come back to me....but I'm still not giving them access to CC....so a stalemate.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    Armslist is like $7 a month....No percentage after sale. $3 month for vets...$30 month for vendors.....Yeah it used to be free but nothings free and I have zero issues paying for the use of Armslist. I like this model much better than percentage of sale!

BTW Ebay still screwing me and the buyer around. After me calling and saying I'm not going to give financials a 6th time to pay the fees AGAIN they are refusing to refund the buyer. Their solution; make the buyer wait until it becomes a case and then they will pay and come back to me....but I'm still not giving them access to CC....so a stalemate.
    The armslist issue has less to do with then price than how they *implemented* the pay-scheme.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Is-Dead-To-Me

TLDR, they deleted the listings of non-premium accounts, and also cut down the number of listings a non-premium account could have, with no warning or statement of future intents.
    They then locked your account behind a 'premium' pay-wall, also with no warning.
    After doing these things, THEN they sent out an email announcing the new pay-scheme.
    Basically, held everyone's pre-existing listings hostage behind a premium-account paywall, without any notice of changes beforehand.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12