Thread: One of the good ones is gone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

One of the good ones is gone.

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/...st-1235975041/

Dickey Betts, whose country-inflected songwriting and blazing, lyrical guitar work opposite Duane Allman in the Allman Brothers Band helped define the Southern rock genre of the ‘60s and ‘70s, died Thursday in Osprey, Fla. He was 80.

“It is with profound sadness and heavy hearts that the Betts family announce the peaceful passing of Forrest Richard ‘Dickey’ Betts (December 12, 1943 – April 18, 2024) at the age of 80 years old. The legendary performer, songwriter, bandleader and family patriarch passed away earlier today at his home in Osprey, FL., surrounded by his family. Dickey was larger than life, and his loss will be felt world-wide.”

Man there are fewer left everyday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RIP...certainly one of the GOATs!!

One of my favorites ax picking tunes...you can hear the differences in the gibson & fender. Just imagine what Allman could have accomplished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwyXQn9g40I
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I didn't know he was still living. I've seen videos of him playing, and it was impressive.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    He had a good run
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    RIP...certainly one of the GOATs!!

One of my favorites ax picking tunes...you can hear the differences in the gibson & fender. Just imagine what Allman could have accomplished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwyXQn9g40I
    That, hands down, is my favorite song. RIP.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Sister left Eat a Peach album to my 10 or 12 year old ass when she went off to college. Played Blue Sky at my best friend's funeral 50 some years later. Hope to hear it at my own (if there is one)
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 04-19-24 at 17:35.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Great memories of the original band.
    RIP DB.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.