Thread: Castle Nut / End Plate Oddity

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Castle Nut / End Plate Oddity

This is the second time I've seen this.....

I "think" both times it was while removing the magpul single point sling from a Colt LE trade-in rifle.

I say think as I found the other piece sitting on my bench so I can't be sure. However this time, I was replacing the magpul single point sling endplate on my latest rifle and this piece fell out while blowing through the staking.

Never seen this piece before, does anyone know its purpose and if it is part of the magpul sling setup?

This is the best picture I could get. It doesn't appear sheared on either end, but I am certain it fell out from somewhere when I was replacing the end plate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It goes in the slot on the RE and end plate. It keeps the end plate from rotating.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    It goes in the slot on the RE and end plate. It keeps the end plate from rotating.
    Interesting, then it must have sheared off when I was breaking through the staking. Never seen one come off before like this...........

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    This right here

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Castle Nut / End Plate Oddity

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Interesting, then it must have sheared off when I was breaking through the staking. Never seen one come off before like this...........

Thanks.
    It didn’t shear off. It’s a separate piece. Not sure why magpul did it that way, but it’s a two piece end plate.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-20-24 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It didn’t shear off. It’s a separate piece. Not sure why magpul did it that way, but it’s a two piece end plate.
    Thanks Ink, I looked at it and it appeared the correct size but couldn't find anything like your pic that showed that piece.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Thanks Ink, I looked at it and it appeared the correct size but couldn't find anything like your pic that showed that piece.
    You’re welcome.