Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 9mm and 22lr Handguns to Suppress?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    While I have two Glocks(19/45) suppressed and a HK VP9T, all three run perfect with the Rugged Obsidian, I fit into the "retard with a potato stick crowd" as a buddy describes handguns with a suppressor. I did have the Sig X5 Carry, POS, took 400 or so rounds on it before it would run right, dumped that.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    G19.5 with griffin rev 9 has no noticable POI out to 100yds. No new springs required. Easy out of box solution.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    IME, suppressed handguns are a gimmick. They tend to have POA/POI shift from unsuppressed, make the gun more muzzle heavy (making you overswing on transitions, while also making return to index wonky compared to an unsuppressed handgun due to the balance being off), can't be holstered very easily, etc. That being said, something like a Glock would be my default answer, because you have a variety of aftermarket RSAs to play with to enhance reliability with the can on. I've also heard that the Beretta 9x series can be good hosts due to the fact that the barrel does not tilt.

I honestly would think a comp would be more useful to use a threaded barrel for a handgun.

I agree with a lot of this, with a few polite points to offer.

I do like a suppressed .22 Glock 44 as a teaching gun. Having someone just wear eye pro and fire a very quiet .22 is a great intro for new shooters. I also have a suppressed Beretta 92 with a .22 conversion kit for the same reason.

I have a suppressed G19 and a suppressed Beretta 92 9mm. They are handy if a animal needs to be dispatched, and it not something that a .22 would be an optimum choice of caliber. He's right about the POA/POI not being changed. Mine has a slide lock so it's stupid quiet as well.

And honestly, it's just fun. I am not "offing enemies of the Crown". It's a really great way to introduce new people to the shooting sports. I've also got almost no hearing in my left ear from military service. My hearing in my right is is also affected. So every little bit helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12