Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drones and strafing runs...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    That's my question. I'd worry about the drones being good for a single run, and that's it. Good CAS needs the ability to loiter, and make repeated runs if the intended targets don't oblige you and fall over after the first one.
    Multiple drones. Think cost here. You could have any number of them mission specific- let’s say 20 of them, 1 takes a run and 19 loitering.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Google says that a SUU-11/A gun pod holds 1,500 rounds and can be set to 2,000-6,000 RPM. By comparison the A-10 carries 1,350 and shoots at 3,900 RPM.

Feedback Score
    I believe this is the gun pod mentioned:

https://dillonaero.com/products/gun-pod-system/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cd228 View Post
    Google says that a SUU-11/A gun pod holds 1,500 rounds and can be set to 2,000-6,000 RPM. By comparison the A-10 carries 1,350 and shoots at 3,900 RPM.
    GAU-8/A throws a slightly larger round. An RC Warthog, what’s not to love?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I watched the video. Unfortunately, they stuffed the truck with what looks like tannerite so it just immediately explodes. I'd like to see what kind of beaten zone this thing is creating.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I watched the video. Unfortunately, they stuffed the truck with what looks like tannerite so it just immediately explodes. I'd like to see what kind of beaten zone this thing is creating.
    Thats a big unknown - how accurate is it, how much does the cone spread in longer strings of fire?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    GAU-8/A throws a slightly larger round. An RC Warthog, what’s not to love?
    I’m down unless Skynet is involved.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Yeah that was pretty lame. Like they're auditioning for the A-Team or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12