Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone ever have a "whatever I can find at home tonight" dinner?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Most meals are now like this for me. I’ve been pretty much on carnivore diet for last few months, so eating has been kinda simplified. And honestly, on carnivore I eat way less often…

My go to's are beef, bacon, eggs, pork chops, chicken, ham, and cheese.

So when I cook a 3 pound beef chuck steak, that’s 3-5 meals. I try to freeze 2 meals, set two in fridge. I cook a couple pounds of burger patties and end up with at least 4-5 patties leftover.

Some good sliced deli ham or turkey and swiss or provolone…three slices meat, 3 cheese is a meal.

A couple rotisserie chickens makes at least 3 meals and the carcass makes a big batch of chicken soup for at least 4 freezer servings.

Scrambled eggs and cheese are always an option. I always have boiled eggs ready.

When I cook bacon, i always cook 2 lbs of thick cut and the leftover gets split between freezer and fridge.

Im thinking of roasting a turkey soon, that will really fill the freezer…a pork butt will as well.

And while we often think of meat as expensive, it is a cheap way to eat when you take away all the extra stuff…and buy the sales.

I tried going plant based…it worked for a while but was always hard on my gut and always wanted to cheat. Tried KETO but kinda same…carnivore is so stupid easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the wife and I, the cheapest meats we eat are chicken and pork butt. I have about ten different versions of pulled pork that I can do with a pork butt. Our local grocery store cooks up whole chickens for $1.50 more than they sell the whole raw chicken. They do a good job, so it's a no-brainer. We're not on KETO diet, but definitely lower carb to keep my wife's A1C counts numbers low enough to stay off meds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, a little leftover steak became some really great burrito's.
    Had it twice, now the leftovers including the burrito toppings are todays Chili.
    Honestly it's a lot more than I can eat alone, so some of it will likely end up in the freezer.
    So, I'm guessing I turned a lot of cheap steak in to at least 8-10 meals before it's over.

I had seven siblings and my Mom's been widowed twice, She can make a meal out of anything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A 6lb. pan of Stouffer's frozen Lasagna is always in my chest freezer for those occasions.

EDIT:
    Almost forgot about the purple package of frozen burritos too
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-30-24 at 14:57.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good old can of chili is the emergency button. Usually some grilled chicken breast or tenders with something to zing them up. Hot sauce, BBQ sauce, etc.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123