Thread: Price for a Mossberg 930 SPX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Price for a Mossberg 930 SPX

Wow, I can't believe how hard it is to find a 930 SPX. Then, when/if you do find one, I can't believe what they are going for. I saw one on an auction site for $799.00. That was the opening bid price. I was not following this shotgun a while back, but couldn't you buy one a few month ago for in the high $500.00 range?

Crazy, just crazy.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Crazy. I paid less then $500 for mine when they first came out. Wish I still had it.
    Last edited by Palmguy; 01-10-09 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    What did you think of it when you had it (Did you sell it because you were displeased with it)? Facially, it looks like a great, albeit cheaper, alternative to the FN SLP 18" shotgun. But, those are virtually unavailable, too.
    Last edited by Elkhound; 01-10-09 at 12:46.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    What did you think of it when you had it? Facially, it looks like a great, albeit cheaper, alternative to the FN SLP 18" shotgun. But, those are virtually unavailable, too.
    I didn't use it enough to give a qualified opinion on it. I put a couple of boxes through it without incident, it shot well for me.
    Last edited by Palmguy; 01-10-09 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That much is insane for an SPX, even given how hard they are to find.
    If you have a Dick's Sporting Goods try them. They seem to have the most constant supply, and I think they will ship them between stores.
    Unless you just really have to have it, you shouldn't be paying more than about $569 for it, which is the most I've seen.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The Dick's by me has one that I've been eyeballing for months. I'm itching to take the plunge on it.

Right now my next shotty is either going to be the 930, the FN Tactical Police, or a tricked out 870...