Thread: the future of my 870 hangs in the balance

Feedback Score

the future of my 870 hangs in the balance

so I scored this 870 last week for $130

so this first thing I want for it is a quality 18.5'' barrel. can I get a cylinder bore with either rifle sights or ghost ring sights already on it?

next thing is if I remove the dimples in the tube for an extension can I take off the extension and put the vent rib barrel and regular retention nut back on?
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    1. Yes you can get a barrel with rifle sights on it. Check Brownells.
    Ghost ring rear sight is mounted to the receiver, not the barrel.

2. Yes you can put the end cap back on, but it will not lock in place. I have done this for hunting purposes and it worked fine.

HTH

Feedback Score
    If you get a standard 870 barrel like the 18 inch one you mentioned above, go ahead and order a standard 870 magazine cap too so it will work with the new barrel, that is if you plan on having the dimples removed. My gunsmith used a dent remover to flatten out the dimples. Heck of a deal on that 870.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang-Fire View Post
    If you get a standard 870 barrel like the 18 inch one you mentioned above, go ahead and order a standard 870 magazine cap too so it will work with the new barrel, that is if you plan on having the dimples removed. My gunsmith used a dent remover to flatten out the dimples. Heck of a deal on that 870.

well I'd be using a +2 extension with the new 18" barrel which is why I'd need to remove the dimples in the first place.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

870 barrel