Thread: Comp M4S mounted dimensions needed

Feedback Score

Comp M4S mounted dimensions needed

I'm looking for the measurement from the top of 1913 rail (flat section), to the center of the objective. This with the QRP2 mount.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Medicine Calf; 01-11-09 at 08:11. Reason: title clarification

Feedback Score
    It should be 1.525"

S/F

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB View Post
    It should be 1.525"

S/F

Thanks, I finally found the specs on the Aimpoint page, and I believe that would be the spacer. Without the spacer it is 1.2" (30.48 mm)

I am looking for a 2 MOA Aimpoint that can replace an H-1 (used with supplied low-profile mount), which has a rail-to-center measurement of about 17 mm. This is for a Scout bolt action. I think the QRP2 W/O spacer is workable, but would like to stay closer to a 20-25 mm optical axis height. Do you know of any other mounts that can do that with a 2 MOA Comp M4S, Comp ML3, or M3?

I found this at the Aimpoint website, but can't figure out what it is, its specs, or where to purchase.

This American Defense unit is supposed to be 1.1".

http://www.americandefensemanufactur...l&product_id=1
    Last edited by Medicine Calf; 01-12-09 at 00:46.

Feedback Score
    Medicine Calf,
    The quoted height is with the spacer.

For what you want to do the CompM4 or CompM4S won't work. However, a 2 MOA CompM3, ML3, or C3 will work for what you want to do. The mount that you show below is an either an SRP-L (SKU 12243) or an SRW-L (SKU 12244). The SRP-L is for a Picatinny rail and the SRW-L is for Weaver rail. If you have a Scout Bolt Action then the SRW-L is most likely what you need as the rifle most likely has a Weaver rail on it. You can purchase it at www.semperfidepot.com

I am surprised the Micro H-1 did work for you as it sits very low or was the reason you didn't like due to the size of the dot?

S/F

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB View Post
    Medicine Calf,
    The quoted height is with the spacer.

For what you want to do the CompM4 or CompM4S won't work. However, a 2 MOA CompM3, ML3, or C3 will work for what you want to do. The mount that you show below is an either an SRP-L (SKU 12243) or an SRW-L (SKU 12244). The SRP-L is for a Picatinny rail and the SRW-L is for Weaver rail. If you have a Scout Bolt Action then the SRW-L is most likely what you need as the rifle most likely has a Weaver rail on it. You can purchase it at www.semperfidepot.com

I am surprised the Micro H-1 did work for you as it sits very low or was the reason you didn't like due to the size of the dot?

S/F
    You're right, the H-1 does sit low--almost exactly the same height as the Scout scope with the standard Steyr rings/mounts. Its serviceable and I had adapted to it, but can also benefit from a 1 cm higher mount. The Micro is my favorite optic by far (I have four). The only reason I am looking into a 2 MOA optic, is to experiment tightening up longer range accuracy for this particular rig.

If I stay with or go back to the H-1, do you have medium or low spacers compatible with the stock Micro mount? If so, what heights/thicknesses?

The weaver rail severely limits options.