Thread: Mini reflex?

Feedback Score

Mini reflex?

I was poking around on TOS and I found a post showing a pic of the new mini reflex(I don't remember the actual name) from Grant's site.
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/...OG%20Fiber.jpg
    Is there any real info out about these things? Looks like a neat idea if it can get around at least some of the washout issues of the old reflex.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Smile

Their new RX30 has much better fiber optics & brighter tritium. Reticle washout is still possible but you really have to work at it now. If they can successfully carry those over to this new mini-Reflex then they've got a winner!
    Tomac

Feedback Score
    I went for a Reflex 30 (RX30-23) for my new LMT and I must say it is one nice sight. they fixed the brightness issue and even in direct sunlight it will not flare. I always have liked the reflex type sight over the aimpoint due to the aimpoint gives me tunnel vision.. and all you hear about the EoTechs are them braking and/or the battery life sucks.. the new RX30 is a very nice sight. it does look kind of big but side by side with a Aimpoint Comp M4 its the same size but with the RX30 you get a bigger FOV.. I never really would have got a RD sight since my eyes suck but this one has a nice big 6.5 MOA dot and it is really bright in pitch black rooms.. you never have to worry about ajusting the brightness when moving from a dark room to a bright room and it is just as soild as a Aimpoint.. Its a winner for me. Even tho I can barley see the 200 yard steal plates I can hit them with no prob.. 200 yards is the Max range for any 1x sight or at least that is what everyone says but I know people that can hit the 300 yard gong with the RX30.. for me it is more of a 0-50 yard thing. I have a TA31F for anything past 50 yards.. I must say it is nice to not have to worry about anything and just put the dot on target and shoot. I tested the parallax on it and its 100% free of it, the dot can be in the top corner and you will still hit dead on your target.. the older relfex sights are also pretty good but they fixed everything that needed to be fixed on the new one and the huge FOV is nice.. I also want to pick up the new ACOG mini that came out.. but that will be for another rifle down the road..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't understand Triji's deal with the reflex or the new RMR. It has to be one of their worst selling optic I would think. It also seems that they don't make the changes most people seem to ask for. For example I don't know anyone who would pick a giant amber dot as their ideal reticle but yet that's the only option. Now if they could incorporate the green triangle that will be in the new accupoint I would buy one. Or better yet a chevron. I think a "ruggedized" version of the standard reflex with maybe a single cr123 or AA battery option (think tri-power) would be a much better optic.