Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 21 SF

Feedback Score

Glock 21 SF

What is the general consensus regarding the Glock 21 Slim Frame with picatinny rail?

I have been shooting my G19 and G26 almost exclusively so I have no experience in the Glock .45 platform.

What is the reliability / durability of G21? I know the mags will be specific due to the ambi-mag release. Will Vickers mag release fit?

I love my 9mm Glocks but I'm looking to expand the family.

Any info is appreciated.

Paul

Feedback Score
    I'm planning on getting the version with the Glock rail & night sights because I don't like the cheese grater on the front. I hope to get an extended slide lock release because it was really stiff on the one I looked at.

Feedback Score
    You know that you can get the G21 SF without the Pic rail and ambi mag release, right. I would personally stick with the Glock rail and the non ambi mag release. I currently own the standard G21 and find it as durable and reliable as the other Glock models.

Some will say that the .4* Glocks are not as reliable as the 9mm models, but I am yet to experience any issues with the .40 S&W and .40 ACP versions. I also own the G30 SF and love it.

Feedback Score
    I didn't know they are available with Glock rail and non-ambi mag release.

Make sense to get that model.

Feedback Score
    Yes, in my opinion, it makes better sense. Besides, rumor has it that Glock will be doing away with the Pic rail (Internet rumor I might add, but worth considering).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As others have stated you can get them with the standard Glock rail and regular (non-ambi) mag release. Obviously the Vickers Extended Mag Release will not work in the ambi model and they will be too short to run in a regular mag release model so you're out of luck if you want to run one with any G21.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I'm kind of bummed the Vickers Mag release won't work as I set all my Glock the same way.

3.5 connector / NY1 combo
    Vickers Mag Release
    10-8 Sights (tritium front)
    Butt plug

What about reliability and durability of G21. Any issues with X200/300 lights attached ala the G23?

Thanks
    Last edited by Paulinski; 01-12-09 at 12:58.

Feedback Score
    No issues from what I've read, the light issues are pretty much hinged upon the .40 S&W Glocks. Even that is sporadic.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've got two, one of them has a little over 9k through it with no issues, roughly 2K of that is with an X200 attached. The second has 2K through it, all with an X200 attached. It's the bedside gun I bought because I got tired of taking the light on and off every day as well as the back up for training classes when I shoot .45 instead of 9mm. Nearly all of that ammo was Wolf and Blazer with some WW white box and 400 rounds of Golden Saber thrown in since that is what I carry everyday. They are both ambi with pic rails bought when they first came out.
    Last edited by Don Robison; 01-12-09 at 20:32.

Feedback Score
    I too have the Pic rail and Ambi version. I have only 1500 through mine and zero malfunctions to date. WWB and 300 Gold Dots.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast