Thread: Glock 21 SF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Glock 21 SF

What is the general consensus regarding the Glock 21 Slim Frame with picatinny rail?

I have been shooting my G19 and G26 almost exclusively so I have no experience in the Glock .45 platform.

What is the reliability / durability of G21? I know the mags will be specific due to the ambi-mag release. Will Vickers mag release fit?

I love my 9mm Glocks but I'm looking to expand the family.

Any info is appreciated.

Paul

Feedback Score
    I'm planning on getting the version with the Glock rail & night sights because I don't like the cheese grater on the front. I hope to get an extended slide lock release because it was really stiff on the one I looked at.

Feedback Score
    You know that you can get the G21 SF without the Pic rail and ambi mag release, right. I would personally stick with the Glock rail and the non ambi mag release. I currently own the standard G21 and find it as durable and reliable as the other Glock models.

Some will say that the .4* Glocks are not as reliable as the 9mm models, but I am yet to experience any issues with the .40 S&W and .40 ACP versions. I also own the G30 SF and love it.

Feedback Score
    I didn't know they are available with Glock rail and non-ambi mag release.

Make sense to get that model.

Feedback Score
    Yes, in my opinion, it makes better sense. Besides, rumor has it that Glock will be doing away with the Pic rail (Internet rumor I might add, but worth considering).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As others have stated you can get them with the standard Glock rail and regular (non-ambi) mag release. Obviously the Vickers Extended Mag Release will not work in the ambi model and they will be too short to run in a regular mag release model so you're out of luck if you want to run one with any G21.