Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt's railed 1911.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Race View Post
    I like a high-cut front strap on a 1911, but I don't like Colt's version. I would rather they leave it "uncut", than use that uncomfortable and unattractive contour.

It appears that it has the typical Colt razor sharp edges. I suppose when they are paying union wages, they can't afford to make the edges any softer.

Oh - and I don't like front serrations, but I may be in the minority on that.
    Yeah, I was noticing that too. Apparently they still haven't figured out how to dehorn a pistol.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinski View Post
    Sorry I had to

Technically, that's not a rail gun. This is the theory behind the rail gun which is what the navy is now working on.

* The muzzle velocity of projectiles propelled by gunpowder is generally limited to about 4,000 feet (about 1,219 meters) per second.

Is it possible to overcome these challenges?

One solution is the electromagnetic rail gun, or rail gun for short. Using a magnetic field powered by electricity, a rail gun can accelerate a projectile up to 52,493 feet (16,000 meters) per second.

And while current Navy guns have a maximum range of 12 miles, rail guns can hit a target 250 miles away in six minutes.

Many sources on the internet: just google "Rail Gun".

Feedback Score
    250 miles away in six minutes? How much lead would you have to give that?

Feedback Score
    Funny, I thought of the electro-magnetic one too

The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    If they have railed versions of their 70's series, then I'd be more interested.
    Last edited by QuickStrike; 01-16-09 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    LOL, sombody out there wants a railed 1918.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score

I'll Probably get slammed for saying this...But.

The markings on the side dont bother me as bad as the flat main spring housing and the memory (Bump) on the beaver tail.
    I have found with my own 1911 that I shoot better with the old arched mainspring housing, and after a couple of hundred rounds that grip safety eats into my hand.... but of course those can both be switched out with the appropriate Ed Brown parts.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    This is just like '90's cars being labeled with EFI or ABS on the exterior as a trim. Or the '80's Chevy truck I once saw with "cruise control" proudly emblazoned on the fenders. Nowadays it's labels like hybrid or E85. Don't manufacturer's realize how cheesy that will look in a couple of years?

/rant off

On the bright side it is nice to see a real beavertail on a Colt for a change.

Feedback Score

another railgun

Another version of a rail gun.
    liquid cooled Benchrest

"Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

ToddG Guest
    Handled it briefly today. Some of the edges were clearly designed to allow the owner a backup in case his shaving razor were to go missing ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast