Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gotta Love that Ronnie Barrett

Feedback Score
    I think the whole point of the Constitution is to prevent government officials and representatives from being above the law. Having an array of laws that only apply to citizens doesn't seen to be consistent with that.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    While I agree with the concept...I don't see it ever working.

HK, Remington, Beretta, S&W, SA, Glock...non of them have the balls to put principles before profits.

HK in particular has shown us for years just how much they care about civilian firearm ownership....all it takes is one company to undercut the others.

They'd all leap at the opportunity to issue their guns to the pretty much all the LEO's in Kali.

In a way, it's the same as manufacturers who make "post ban" guns to sell to NY, NJ, IL, etc. Those states don't make as much noise, they just live with it. If they couldn't get them at all...I think you'd see more political pressure about it.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Macx View Post
    ...That isn't a slam on all officers, but there are enough bad apples something needs to be done...

Sure it is, you're just masking your "slam." Do you really think the rank and file coppers are the ones who are making the policies out there to oppress the citizens? No, for the most part it's the politicians...go slam them instead, or better yet, write to them if you are living in an oppressed state.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra90gt View Post
    Sure it is, you're just masking your "slam." Do you really think the rank and file coppers are the ones who are making the policies out there to oppress the citizens? No, for the most part it's the politicians...go slam them instead, or better yet, write to them if you are living in an oppressed state.
    If the manufacturers would cease all sales to un-gunfriendly states, and the officers state that they would not be doing their jobs, we would get action much faster than the writing of letters.

Politicians are scum that only fear losing their office and not being able to land a sweet gig after they lose their office. If they are known as the one who was in charge when their PDs all said screw it, they will not land that cushy job.

LEOs are not being slammed here, it is the laws that have been crafted to make them a different class of citizen that are being slammed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Some of you guys are funny. I am a LEO and personally am all about the 2nd Amendment, but I am also required to enforce the law. I may not agree with everything, but it is my responsibility. I personally would love for gun laws to be the way most of us believe they should be. I don't have any problem with Mr. Barrett's stance on the matter. It is his company and his choice, but in the end is he actually making a statement to the eople that make those decisions? No, he is only hurting the LEOs in CA. Now am I defending the peoples republic of CA, NO. Do I believe they are 100% wrong, absolutely.

To the guys who say they don't rely on the Police for the protection, I think that is great, but you are the minority. The truth of the matter is that Police work is reactive. Most criminals that are caught in the act, are caught out of luck. It may be that there just so happens to be a unit in the area, or they do something stupid to draw attention to themselves. We all, police or not, should take the responsibility for our safety.

Matt

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Glockshooter, I want to see a Colt RO933 in every cop car and I don't care if ya'll mount 240s to armored personnel carriers. We need you. Some of us less than others, but I don't want to have to worry about my family--I know if they call, someone will do their best and come help them.

But if there was a way to get our rights back, and you had to carry the burden, I'm sorry bro, I'd say a prayer for you and keep going. Thats how strongly I feel about our rights. I know it's not gonna happen, which is a shame, cause it might actually work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    And when the LEO's make a stink about having to play by the same rules as the public, it'd draw more attention to the lack of the public's ability to defend itself.

The ramifications of such an industry boycott would be huge....but it may be what is needed to wake people up. IMO.
    Do you really think that if most of the cops were to either walk off the job or be more reactive that the left-leaning sheeple and the anti-gun politicians they elect will do anything pro-gun? Are you people really that naive?
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 01-17-09 at 19:35.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    If the manufacturers would cease all sales to un-gunfriendly states, and the officers state that they would not be doing their jobs, we would get action much faster than the writing of letters...
    And the gates of Heaven will open wide and Angels will put down their harps and intermingle with mortals. You guys really must get out of your basements more and see reality.

If the politicians don't offer gun makers subsidies to only sell to the "state" and State Agencies; they'll create a Government own gun maker (how did Springfield Armory get its start again?). These morons would rather see teh Constitution flushed down the toilet than let something you are (disgustingly) suggesting happen.

Instead of blaming and alienating the rank-and-file cops, why don't you get you head our of your fourth-point-of-contact and gain their support by GROWING UP AND BEING REALISTIC.

Did either barf.com or g-talk somehow acquire this site?

ADDED: I actually teach Basic Pistol classes AT NO COST through my club in order to help law-abiding citizens obtain their Concealed Handgun Permit and to promote safe gun handling and ownership. I am also a Volunteer Deputy and a member of the Army Reserve. In both capacities I have sworn to defend and uphold the Constitution to the best of my abilities.
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 01-17-09 at 19:49.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra90gt View Post
    Nah, nothing masked there. I tend to outright offend if that is my intent. My intent was not to offend, but to communicate a need. Cops and citizens should have the same protections under the law. Elevating LEO's to something like feudal Japan's Samurai (where in they are the only ones allowed to carry weapons for self defense and are allowed to execute peasants for affronts against their honor or for sport . . . above the law and answerable only to their own) . . . well, Japan in that era is very romatic, but as an American in this time, I blanche at the thought of the continued slide towards paramilitary law enforcement and LEOs as a social caste. The people are far better served by LEOs who stand shoulder to shoulder with their fellow citizens and try and make better and safer communities. Far better if the doctor, priest, and cop are all given the same respect and entitlements. The same 2nd Ammendment that should allow
    a Colt RO933 in every cop car and I don't care if ya'll mount 240s to armored personnel carriers
    for LEO's should also allow me to keep an AOW or other (currently) NFA item ready for self dense in my car.

I understand the inclination to take what I am saying as cop bashing, again, I say I am not. I have read Animal Farm and am painfully aware of the course of governments when some strive to be "more equal". That all men are created equal is a fact I regard as self evident, the idea of elevating a caste, especially one with such an important charge to a state of unbalanced power is reprehensible. It is quite evident that the politicians are completely and totally detatched from the will of the people. We are led instead by a kleptocracy. Naiveté is believing the system still works as the founding father's intended.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    You people cannot take a hint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123