Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What should I do with this?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You don't still have a pic of that old one, do you? I dug up the old thread on LF but the pics were gone...
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    No I don't....sorry

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What A1 uppers are you guys using and where are you getting them from?

Feedback Score
    Neither of mine are A1 uppers, they are slick side (no forward assist or brass deflector), I think these are vietnam era based on pictures.

I got one of mine about 6 years at a gun show in new condition. The other I got with a complete upper I bought at a different gunshow. Lemme see if I can get a pic and post it.
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Marc,
    I snagged mine off the EE, it is a Bushmaster. The one Josh-L posted in hsi "Match A1"thread, I think he said it was a DMPS that he sent off to have feed ramps put into. I do see Colt uppers come up on the EE, although they go fast and for a higher price. If you don't want the shell deflector, some true A1 uppers show up on the EE pretty often, in varying condition. I wanted the shell deflector because of left-handed friends and who knows if my kids might turn out to be left handed or not...
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Here's the one I was talking about.

Not sure who makes it, I have not located any markings.

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That's cool Glockster, it's even got the old-school charging handle.

You should do some research on it, depending on your needs it may be worth selling, the retro stuff is popular these days and that may be valuable to someone building a period-correct retro rifle.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I thought about that. I actually have two of these uppers, one used, one not used.

The used one I have assembled to a 14.5 Colt M4 profile barrel, and I am waiting for a SureFire M500 flashlight/handguard setup to arrive and I will install it there. I can't wait.

That will make a total of 3 complete uppers for my one lower.

Feedback Score
    Here it is all assembled.

Old School slab side Colt upper, with Colt M-4 barrel. Now sporting the Old-School Surefire M500.

This is my back-up/home defense setup for right now. At least until I settle on a light system for my other upper!

Hope you like!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    Hope you like!
    I like it...nice, and pretty cool with the oldish school surefire

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast