Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Love that Ronnie Barrett

Feedback Score

Gotta Love that Ronnie Barrett

Just watched an episode of Shooting Gallery about Barrett and his big guns. In the episode Michael Bane asked Ronnie about the hoopla around not selling his 50 cal rifles to CA agencies. Ronnie said that CA won't allow him to sell to civilians, and that is against the law (his words). So when LAPD wanted to buy 50 cal rifles he told them no...and as long as they're breaking the law (he's referring to the 2nd Amendment) he won't. He was really adamant about it and went on about how folks in CA are violating the constitution and ought to be locked up. You go Ronnie! He said all the firearms manufacturers ought to stand together and not sell to LE agencies in states where they infringe on the 2nd Amendment. That part made me tear up just a little.

Feedback Score

President Ronnie

I would like to be the first to officially nominate Mr. Ronnie Barrett for our next Presidential candidate...He would have my vote.
    Last edited by rat31465; 01-16-09 at 12:50.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    It's nice to see someone put their money where their mouth is, but there will be a company that makes a 50 BMG rifle that won't pass on the chance to do business with Law Enforcement agencies in California.

Feedback Score
    if you go to the Barett forum they posted a letter he wrote to an official in Hawaii urging him not to pass restrictions on firearms. It is really nice to see someone like him standing up for what is right. Its to bad that I am a poor broke college student and not in the market for a couple thousand dollar rifle or my money would be going his way.

Feedback Score
    Ronnie Barrett does appear to be a rare individual, just too bad so few are around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    if you go to the Barett forum they posted a letter he wrote to an official in Hawaii urging him not to pass restrictions on firearms.
    Oh yeah, that reminds me, in the show he said he won't sell to HI either. Probably said some other cool stuff but my memory isn't so good these days.
    What were we talking about?

Feedback Score
    This is exactly what the entire gun industry needs to do.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Didn't he also not return some 50 cal rifles from Cal LE that he had in his shop for maintenance or something?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    if you go to the Barett forum they posted a letter he wrote to an official in Hawaii urging him not to pass restrictions on firearms. It is really nice to see someone like him standing up for what is right. Its to bad that I am a poor broke college student and not in the market for a couple thousand dollar rifle or my money would be going his way.
    being a Maui boy I can say Hawaii gun laws suck !!!
    when I lived on Lanai I got away with whatever cause I knew the people that would not care ? but sure that has changed these days with the way it is now ? but maybe not ?

I do think that is cool how he does stuff like that also and wished every manufacture would do that !!!!!

Feedback Score
    Yeah baby! LE agencies that serve local and federal governments that won't follow the 2nd Amendment need to be limited to HiPoints and Jennings. I don't mean any harm against the boys in blue, but they need to be held to a standard that motivates them to enforce the law rather than act as the brute squad for clueless, hippy, dippy politicians. While they are playing by the rules that make them "special people" they have no motivation beside their oaths and the caliber of officer in recent times doesn't reflect that oaths always mean much. That isn't a slam on all officers, but there are enough bad apples something needs to be done.

I'd vote to put Ronny in any office he ran for and consider moving to any placve he governed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast