Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Glock frames--will Glock sell me one?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterlocker View Post
    This MAY be incorrect, but I have heard they are starting by offering the different texturing for ONLY the Glock 22, and may expand later if it does well. Keep that in mind.
    The 22 is currently the only model with the new frame. The Glock 17 with the new texturing is supposedly due out next within a month or so.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Greg,

I'm not sure if Glock will sell you just a frame, you'll have to call them @ 770-432-1202 x365 and find out.

Lone Wolf is due to release a Glock frame of their own with replacable backstraps so that might be another option for you as well?

Feedback Score
    You might want to take a look at CCF Raceframes.
    I treat everyone with respect. I stack them in my trunk neatly.

Keeping the "oath" since 1980.

Okay. Now we do it my way.

ToddG Guest
    FWIW, I played with the CCF (now owned by Robar) at SHOT and wasn't impressed. In particular, the dimensions and angles of the grip area almost seem to "protect" the mag button from being pressed, even when you are trying purposely to drop the mag.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You used to be able to buy Glock frames from Glockmeister when the old owner was at the helm. Then he got into a little trouble with some unserialized frames and other shennanigans.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You used to be able to buy Glock frames from Glockmeister when the old owner was at the helm. Then he got into a little trouble with some unserialized frames and other shennanigans.
    the frame is THE serialized portion of the gun right?

or does the slide count? (too?)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The frame is.

The frames that Glockmeister used to sell had GXXXX for serial numbers. Someone told be that those were the frames Glock would send out when the had to do a warrantee replacement.

Feedback Score
    The slide, barrel & frame have matching serial numbers. When Glock replaces any of these under warranty, they insert a '1' in front of the serial number. The frame is the registered part.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The frame is.

The frames that Glockmeister used to sell had GXXXX for serial numbers. Someone told be that those were the frames Glock would send out when the had to do a warrantee replacement.
    The replacement .40 frame I received recently was indeed a Gxxxxx unit.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I fixed the problem. I traded the gun back to my buddy for his Green framed Glock 17.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12