Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KAC iPhone ballistic app 'BulletFlight'

Feedback Score
    Okay, I just bought the app... however, only v1.0 is available?

I'm hoping updates are free... does the US store already have 1.1? Canada does NOT. I'm a little bummed...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been wanting to do a ballistic app... Dang, yet another great idea already done

One of these days I will figure out some new untouched app to do for the iPhone

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Version 1.2 will be out any day. It does GPS location/weather lookup and some other new things.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ipod Touch

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_police View Post
    Me too!! lol

I can't justify buying another phone and the plan that goes along with it, so I'm most likely going to get an ipod touch. This app will work just fine on that as well.

And it will go well with my new SR15 rifle!
    Just so your aware, the Ipod Touch needs to get on a wireless network to access the internet, while the Iphone can access the internet as a part of the phones plan. Not sure how the program works, but if you need to get online when you are wanting to use it, this may cause a problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
    Just so your aware, the Ipod Touch needs to get on a wireless network to access the internet, while the Iphone can access the internet as a part of the phones plan. Not sure how the program works, but if you need to get online when you are wanting to use it, this may cause a problem.

Yup. I'm squared away on the wireless network as opposed to the cell phone plan, thanks.

Not sure about the 'net access needed to run the app, but I'm guessing the new version with gps needs access.

I'm also guessing that basic use doesn't need access.... But it's just a guess.
    Last edited by wicked_police; 02-09-09 at 19:26.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bit the bullet and bought it this morning. Got version 1.1 so I am hoping that the updates are free, atleast the 1.x increments. I like the simplicity of the interface, but would love to see a built in bullet library rather than having to manually enter stuff I as you develop loads. I haven't really played with it too much but it definitely has potential.

Feedback Score
    The bullet library is coming soon and will be a free upgrade.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    The bullet library is coming soon and will be a free upgrade.
    Sweet. Had a chance to play with it some this afternoon and tinker with some of the settings. I have to admit that my first impression was way off. At first, given how simple it looked I thought is was way overpriced, but after playing around with it a bit, the simple look is deceiving and I am not unhappy with paying $12. The simplicity of the interface is awesome. Being able to enter zero environmental conditions and then having the ability to enter current factors at the time of the shot is great. Havent had a chance to build up some customized loads for my SPR or bolt gun, but will do that ASAFP. Cudos on the development effort.

You may want to consider making the scope settings toggle between MOA or mRad instead of having to remember the .344 MOA.

Anyway, great job. I wonder how many panties got bunched up at Apple when they saw the ballistics type apps show up at the store.

Feedback Score
    A lot of them. Especially in the UK and Aus.
    Last edited by rsilvers; 02-11-09 at 21:42.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast