Thread: Aimpoint T-1 won't tighten on Pic Rail

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aimpoint T-1 won't tighten on Pic Rail

I bought the Vang Comp Pic rail rear sight for my 870. My T-1 won't tighten on the rail. This is using the supplied aimpoint mount. So I tried it on my Noveske for comparison and it won't tighten on it either. Anyone else have this problem. Is there a different mount I need to buy?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Do you know anyone who has a Colt with a M1913 rail? If you do try it on that. Noveske is probably in spec and Hans Vang probably has good quality rails but you never know. If it doesn't work on the Colt then you know there is a problem with the mount. How tight did you try and get it? Did you really torque down on it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I torqued it to the point of stripping the bolt. I had a hell of a time finding a 3.5mm replacement bolt. Funny, it is fine on my AK's Ultimak rail. I'll have to measure all the rails.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    As much as I like UltiMAK rails I think that the odds are that the Noveske has the greater odds of being truly in spec.

But anything can happen - as I said before see if you can find a Colt to mount it to. You may just have an out of spec mount on your Aimpoint - I am sure they will take care of it for you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's what I found.
    No go;
    Vang Comp Rail, won't tighten
    On my Noveske Basic upper, it won't tighten.
    Go;
    On my Noveske Recce it will tighten on the rail and the receiver.
    Ultimak, tighten.
    Ruger 22/45 rail, tighten.

I'll post more...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a update. I spoke with Aimpoint and they are sending out a new mount. All I can say about Aimpoint customer service is "fantastic". I have a call into Vang Comp. I have no worries that they will be just as good. I'll post what we find out.
    Thanks for the helpful replys.