Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol families

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Another Kudo for Glocks. One point not mentioned yet is the magazine compatibility between models of the same caliber. Ie, you can use a G17 magazine in a G19 and so on. This might be helpful if the larger pistol goes OOS...there's plenty of ammo for the smaller one. Of course, it's not backwards compatible. Can't use a G19 mag in a G17.

Solution? Get G18 mags for every gun

i gotta trade off some of my G26 mags for G19's... guy gave me 13 mags with a G26 on trade. i guess it's a lifetime supply.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies! I really couldn't think of any of the other families.

I like the way SIGs look, but I've heard about too many QC issues with them to feel comfortable with one. If they sold for half the price they do, I might change my mind.

XDs are way out of line in terms of price to what you get. I don't like the grip safety either. Plus they have never selected in any serious PD/.mil test kinda tells you something. So those are out for me.

I really don't know enough about Kahr to have an opinion, other than they are very expensive.

H&K seems like a possible contender. I would have to hold and shoot one though.

Obviously the Glock and M&P are very high on my list.

I like the Glocks because I already have one, so I'm kinda used to it, and they are durable and tough as nails. I like the M&P because it seems very well made and has very nice ergos. I've not put them side by side, how does a G19 compare to a M&P9?

Feedback Score
    I don't understand just exactly how Kahr got their reputation or what makes them feel their weapons are worth the price premium. I can't see them as being any better than a similar style Glock which costs much less.
    Last edited by Jack_Stroker; 01-20-09 at 10:06.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I carry a Glock 19 and the wife carries a Glock 26. Works out very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12