Thread: 9mm Barrel...Spikes or TROS or...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

9mm Barrel...Spikes or TROS or...

looking into a 5" 9mm upper

will be using the RRA/Colt style upper receiver. the rifle will be used primarily with my SWR trident 9 supressor for fun/plinking

spikes is CNCing them from green mtn blanks. can be had with a 1/2-28 thread (i have that adapter for my SWR)

TROS has the 3 lug

i realise that either can be adapted to accept the supressor. however....whats the most efficient use of my money. is there a quality difference between these manufacturers? spikes has them in stock, having more trouble finding the TROS

Feedback Score
    According to Spike's they are looking into making them with the three lug as well.

I am looking to buy one as well and have been looking at them both. I honestly don't know which one I will get. I would prefer an chrome lined barrel, but that really isn't necessary.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since you have a 3-lug capable suppressor, I'd recommend the TROS barrel. The 3-lug won't shoot loose like the thread mount will. The TROS barrels are out there, you just need to keep looking.
    Chris
    Walker Precision
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    If you want a complete upper like that talk to Chris at Walker Precision (guy posting above me). I just got mine from him and it's great. 5" TROS barrel w/ 3-lug, ramped RRA bolt carrier, and DD 7" rail.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah, I too say go with Chris at Walker Precision whom I need to thank again because my AR9 has been 100% reliable & fun!!!!!!

The TROS 3 Lug is the way to go!

Last edited by wahoo95; 01-20-09 at 21:49.