Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anybody have a themed collection?

Feedback Score
    Colt AR-15s
    Colt 1911s
    Glocks, lot's of Glocks
    "We make war that we may live in peace."
    -Aristotle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tend to acquire DAO 3rd Generation S&W's...stainless and alloy frames...compact and full size...all four calibers...

4556:

Last edited by varoadking; 01-22-09 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This came up fairly recently in a largely unrelated thread, but the theme of my particular arsenal of democracy is "pairs." I tend to invest in two of everything, though with slight variations on a theme (one Springfield USGI M1, one Springfield NM M1A; one 12 ga. 1897 Winchester, one .16 ga. 1897 Winchester, one Wilson Classic, one Wilson SDS, etc.). I've done this with shotguns, 1911s, battle rifles, hunting rifles, target pistols and, of course, with ARs of different configurations.

One might think that I'm simply being a bit OCD, but there is actually a method to my madness: I've got two sons.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a theme, but all my guns have something in common. They all have the same trigger pull every time. I have no DA/SA guns in my collection. I just cannot manage to deal with the transition no matter how hard I try.
    ••••••••••••••••••••
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Here's one for varoadking. This is a customized S&W DAO M4553TSW .45 ACP.

Feedback Score
    Let's try again: S&W DAO M4553TSW .45 ACP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a theme, but all my guns have something in common. They all have the same trigger pull every time. I have no DA/SA guns in my collection. I just cannot manage to deal with the transition no matter how hard I try.
    The transition doesn't really bother me. I don't particularly care for DA trigger pulls though. I prefer single action triggers. Still I do own a few DA weapons. I usually put them in SA mode when I go to fire them.

ToddG Guest
    Gents -- Let's keep this thread about collections, not trigger pulls. Please feel free to start a new thread if you'd like to discuss the pros and cons of various trigger options.

My collection consists of three completely different groups of guns.

I have a small number of pistols that I actually use. My carry gun and a secondary; a couple of guns suitable for backup. Literally 99+% of my practice is with these.

Then I've got a handful of pistols that have some personal historical significance:
    • Walther my grandfather brought home from WWII; the German officer's name is even written on the inside of the holster flap.
    • Beretta 96G Elite, converted by Tim Baccus to 357 SIG (frame cracked in multiple places in less than 10k rounds)
    • Beretta 92FS United We Stand gun, which was a project I was part of to raise $100,000 for victims of 9/11.
    • Beretta 92FS Type M, converted by Tim Baccus into a close approximation of what an "Elite II Compact" would have looked like.
    • Beretta 92G, "LTT-1" the first pistol Ernest Langdon ever worked on when he formed his own company (this one has been carried and shot extensively).
    • Beretta 92G Vertec, the Vertec was "my" project at Beretta
    • SIG P226 Navy (serial number NSW0013), which was a project I ran (in partnership with Dale McClellan of STS) to raise $100,000 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.
    • SIG P229R-ICE, the first gun off the production line for the ICE contract (my "bonus" for winning the $24M contract )
    • S&W M&P9, my endurance test gun

Finally, I have a little collection of guns that are either dedicated or converted to Sims.
    Last edited by ToddG; 01-23-09 at 08:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I break my pistol collection into a few categories:

Serious social purposes -- Carry guns. Weapons I carry and train with for the purposes of self protection. These are the pistols I shoot the most and usually have with me at training classes.

M&P 9
    M&P 9C
    Glock 17
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    S&W 442

Etc.

Utility -- Weapons I use for dedicated purposes like hunting or anti-bear duty

S&W 629

T&E -- Weapons I own because I'm testing them out, generally as a possible carry gun. Guns I purchase for the purpose of concealed carry are T&E guns until I can get enough rounds through them to deem them reliable.

Ruger LCP
    M&P .45

Toys -- Weapons I own for collector interest, for fun, or just because I think they are cool

S&W 19
    S&W 27
    S&W 5906
    Sistema Colt
    CZ-82
    Makarov
    Walther PP
    Colt "Junior"
    Colt M1903
    Ruger MK-II
    Beretta 92 Elite I

Etc.

Pasture -- Weapons I used to carry but have replaced with other guns either because I found a better mousetrap or I don't want to risk losing or damaging them.

LB 1911
    LTT Beretta 92FS
    Walther P99 (sold recently)

If you had to discern a "theme" to my whole collection, the theme would be Smith & Wesson. I own more S&W handguns than anything else...and I'm on the hook for more.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 01-23-09 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    [*] Beretta 92FS Type M, converted by Tim Baccus into a close approximation of what an "Elite II Compact" would have looked like.
    Any chance we can get a peak of this one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast