Thread: Trijicon TR24 reticle choices

Feedback Score

Trijicon TR24 reticle choices

What do you all recommend as far as reticles go in the new Trijicon TR24 Accupoint coming out? I'm primarily wanting it to be best (i.e. fastest) at close distances with the magnification turned up occassionally for longer range shots (max 200-300yds.). My thinking behind this is that I would primarily be using a fighting rifle for defense in close quarters, but there could be times when taking a longer more offensive type shot would be necessary and a scope such as this would be optimum for those conditions. This will be going on a Noveske 16" N4 lo-pro. I already have a Noveske 16" N4 basic with an Aimpoint T-1 on it (it's technically my wifes) so I wanted something to complement it with enhanced longer range shooting accuracy/capability. I am heavily leaning towards the triangular green reticle based on Grant's feedback as well as the posts in the original thread on this optic by steve. I also talked to a rep at Trijicon and he really seemed to like and recommend the green triangle reticle saying it's extremely bright and easy to pick up quickly. On the other hand, I've read some reviews on the original TR21 with the german crosshair reticle, saying that they thought it seemed faster than a triangle reticle. So whaddya think?
    Last edited by 3CTactical; 01-21-09 at 23:31.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In my opinion the triangle is faster in a CQB situation. I like the German #4 but I prefer the triangle.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Do you prefer the green triangle to the amber or red?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hifiguy View Post
    Do you prefer the green triangle to the amber or red?
    I was a big fan of the amber but now I prefer the green.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Green is the color we see in the color spectrum the best red second followed by a amberish yellow

green also petrates deeper in to dark area's

i have ran the tr 24 for several months vs red in the woods hunting as well as several low light/nolight runs in shoot houses the green was much easier to pick up and drive on with and it show better on many variations of colored clothing and target styles

the german 4 nice for hunting when you have time the triangle is fast quick and accurate