Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally the Glock (sort of) carbine is a reality!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Finally the Glock (sort of) carbine is a reality!

Some of you may have seen it at SHOT but Lone Wolf Dist is coming out with a 9mm AR that accepts only Glock magazines.

This is what JR told me via PM (I'm posting this with his approval):
    There were a few SHOT Show threads started but I do not remember where they were. They called it the "sleeper" of the show because we did not have it in the new products section. You had to visit our booth to see it or hear anything about it. Some people are calling it an Olympic but they are ignorant. This is an original casting (LWD owns the molds!) machined to LWD specifications. Lowers will be available in 6 weeks or less. The lower is machined to accept Glock mags only, everything else is mill spec. This lower will accept any mill spec 9mm upper.

JR
    And this is what he had to say in one of the threads over on GT:
    Yes we unveiled a new AR 9mm that accepts Glock mags at SHOT Show last week. The receivers will be available in 4 to 6 weeks. The complete carbine by Summer. I will start a AR thread as soon as I have pics available. Sorry for detracting from the subject
    So it sounds like we can get 9mm carbines that will accept Glock mags and we don't have to deal with Olympic! I know markm will be heartbroken

I'm pretty excited about this because I have a metric ton of Glock magazines here and plenty of 9mm ammo on hand. I've been wanting to build a 9mm carbine but didn't want to deal with the magazine hassle.

I'll post pictures as I find them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting. If this pans out, I'll have to SBR one of these lowers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the info!!!

The "magazine hassle" - as you call it - is what's kept me from building a 9mm AR as well. I would buy one of these lowers in a heartbeat.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    If this becomes reality, I'll have a Olyarms 9mm (Glock Mag) AR for sale -- but I am keeping the mags for the new one!!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    Thanks for the info!!!

The "magazine hassle" - as you call it - is what's kept me from building a 9mm AR as well. I would buy one of these lowers in a heartbeat.

Derek

There is no magazine hassle.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for that link.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Mama View Post
    From an email exchange with Lone Wolf posted over there:

E-Mailed Lone Wolf some time back, got these answers back today. It seems to me (IMO) They are interested in leaning about our side of things. I know I will be supporting them by ordering one.

looking to build 9mm AR , love your Glock lowers , please tell me about them

- .154 pins ?
    Standard issue

- what internals will accept ?
    Current issue

- what difference required for lower internals , hammer ? what else
    No difference, standard issue

- any problem fitting rock river upper ( usually tight fit )
    Cant find a RR upper to try it. we currently ft with CMMG (slight mod) & Olympic (out of the box)

- anyone try your lower with adams arms piston system ?
    Not yet, don't know who they are, is this an offer?

- you should really do a FAQ ,
    This is new to us, didn't know it would be required

- did you ever consider working with the great folks at spikes tactical to make a joint superior upper.
    Its on the table, no decisions yet

- did not see to much about this on ar-15.com ( *****THREAD JUST STARTED WHEN WROTE E-MAIL ***** ) , LOT OF FOLKS OVER THERE LOVE THIS STUFF
    Didn't think the AR guys would be interested

- please tell me about bolt hold open, how easy to install ? , would you locktight in ?
    Doesn't hold open

- please tell me about mag release bar , on other side , does not look like uses standard (push button realse )?

It works, we like it. Guess we got lucky

- what else can you please tell me, they really look nice
    We specialize in Glock parts. Didn't think the AR community would even be interested because it takes pistol cal. Why would you use a pistol cal when you already have a rifle? This was intended for the Glock market only. Maybe it will turn out to be a little more?
    Seems like the only uppers that are ready to go on it are Olympic's, and RRA and Colt bolts would have to be modified. Also no one over there seems to have pics either, except for the guy with a pic of his Oly that takes Glock mags. Lone Wolf also doesn't seem like they looked into this to much before they got started, from their apparent thinking that only Glock owners would be interested, and not AR owners. I'll have to see more ready to go upper options than Oly before I pick one of these up.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thumbs up

Wow this is great news!

Feedback Score
    I've always wished that there was a way to adapt Glock 17 mags to my Beretta CX4...
    I don't think Beretta would be to happy about this however.

If only Glock would actually put out a real Glock carbine, I would be sure to get on the buyers list.

It will be interesting to see what Lone Wolf has developed.
    “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast