Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Finally the Glock (sort of) carbine is a reality!

Feedback Score

Any Updates

I recognize this is an old thread, but it is the most recent I could find related to the Lone Wolf Glock magazine uppers and lowers. That may be a clue, but the concept seems so intriguing I have to ask...has anyone run one of these through a high round carbine course or had any extended use with one?

The website http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3682 is weak on particulars on materials and specs...maybe another clue, maybe not...anyone with inputs? You could have a Colt 6920 for the cost of a lower and upper or a BCM with cheaper mags, still would be handy compliment to Glock pistol if reliable/durable. Thanks for any insights.

Feedback Score
    Here is my pistol caliber carbine, a JR Carbine in 9mm using Glock mags. Target depicts 30 rounds @ 25 yards.

How it was done.
    View My Video

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why not one that takes whatever mags? That is, whatever you want, SIG, S&W, Glock, 1911, whatever. I'm thinking of a lower that has interchangeable magazine adapters, you buy a lower and whatever adapter or adapters you desire. You want a new type? Buy another adapter. I wish I had gotten interested in ARs 20 or 30 years ago. I might have given serious consideration to doing something like this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Why not one that takes whatever mags? That is, whatever you want, SIG, S&W, Glock, 1911, whatever. I'm thinking of a lower that has interchangeable magazine adapters, you buy a lower and whatever adapter or adapters you desire. You want a new type? Buy another adapter. I wish I had gotten interested in ARs 20 or 30 years ago. I might have given serious consideration to doing something like this.
    Sounds almost like you are describing the MGI Hydra.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BH321 View Post
    Sounds almost like you are describing the MGI Hydra.
    That's the concept. Their magwells cost more than most lowers, a lot more. I had in mind maybe a hundred bux max for a magwell. And they don't have a wide selection of magwells. I had in mind a wide variety of magwells so a pistol owner could have a pistol caliber AR that took the mags he is presently using whatever that is, 1911, SIG, Glock, M&P, Beretta, whatever.

BTW, thanks for the link. More often than not folks refer to an XYZ whatever and leave the reader to look it up. When the author looks it up it only has to be looked up once. I wish everyone would do this.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 11-02-12 at 17:45.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456