I know this topic has been kicked around many many times, and I have tried the search function before posting, but can't find the data I am looking for.
A friend of mine just got a suppressor, and he wants me to load him some subsonic ammo, for s's and g's basically..
He's shooting a 16" RRA with a 1/7" twist. I was thinking of perhaps using the 80 or 90gr. pills to help with the problem of free space in the case?
Or what about using a very slow burning powder, such as RL-19, RL-22, or even slower? This would fill the case more with powder, but keep velocity low... I've never tried to wrap my brain around this subject, I've always decided that if I needed a truly silent weapon, I'd stick with something in .45 ACP.
I see the EBR rounds are loaded with Sierra's 63gr. soft point rounds, and EBR calls them "match".. so I assumed they were using the "Gameking" rounds, which are match-grade hunting versions of the Matchking... but then I looked and seen that the Gameking is offered in 65gr., not 63. The 63gr. offering that EBR must be using is the soft point "Varminter", which doesn't even utilize a boat tail and has a very low B.C. I have some cheap 64gr. Winchester Powerpoints I could use for this, as well as some 69gr. Matchkings, 70gr. Barnes TSX's, and 75gr. Hornady A-Max's.
Anyone got any good subsonic (or even supersonic data thats still well under 2000 fps) loading data? Thanx in advance for any help!