Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Daly M4 general consensus?

Feedback Score

Charles Daly M4 general consensus?

I'm thinking of picking up this rifle and I'm wondering what the general consensus is on it. What is it missing that I'd want to do to it to bring it up to colt or LMT standards?? Just looking to see if this is a good deal for what your getting.

M4 feed ramps?
    Parkerized under the FSB?
    Magnetic particle tested?

D M4LE
    MSRP: $1,309

Chrome lined 4150 barrel, (MIL-B-11595E, CrMoV Grade) with M-203 mounting groove
    M4 Feedramps
    Forged "F" front sight base with bayonet lug & rubber coated sling swivel
    Milspec diameter receiver extension with "H" buffer
    T-Marked Flattop upper
    6-position telestock
    A2 "Birdcage" flash hider
    Oval Double Heat-Shield M4 forend
    One 30 Round Aluminum Mil-Spec Mag with Magpul self-leveling follower
    Now With A3 Detachable Carry Handle
    Last edited by trunkmonkey; 01-19-09 at 17:58.

Feedback Score
    It's fine out of the box - they did their homework on this model and it's GTG.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    There's this thing called the "Search Function' and from that, you could find "the Chart....."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One M4C link.
    And another.
    Like anything now, the trick is finding one...at a reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    It is a fantastic gun. I only have 500 rounds through mine, no problems. Have to say I haven't heard a negative comment on the CDM4 line.

Feedback Score
    Only problem with it is that it is currently selling for the full MSRP if you can find it.

From what I understand, before all the obama panic, it could be had for $950 OTD. Now that was hot.

Feedback Score
    Spoke to the president of the company at SHOT and from the discussion it appears their rifle effort has been a hands-on deal for him. In his words, "We knew we were late to the game and a lot of company's were offering this product, so we knew we had to get it right the first time." He went as far as to field strip the rifle in front of me to point out areas where some "other" manufacturers tend to skip corners, but where his company did not. Not a bad rifle based on what I saw. Would definitely like to hear from someone with a lot of rounds through the pipe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    Spoke to the president of the company at SHOT and from the discussion it appears their rifle effort has been a hands-on deal for him. In his words, "We knew we were late to the game and a lot of company's were offering this product, so we knew we had to get it right the first time." He went as far as to field strip the rifle in front of me to point out areas where some "other" manufacturers tend to skip corners, but where his company did not. Not a bad rifle based on what I saw. Would definitely like to hear from someone with a lot of rounds through the pipe.
    They sure did. I went back and read alot of their old posts and stuff.

The only mistake they made IMO was they diluted their product line with lower end models. They should have just come out with the CDM4LE and not bothered with the other ones. So if you want the 'good' one, you have to pay careful attention to the model you are getting, and not just look for "Charles Daly Defense" on the side.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got a CDM4LE, so far no problems, one 2-day carbine class with it,approximately 800 rnds total through it.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    The only mistake they made IMO was they diluted their product line with lower end models. They should have just come out with the CDM4LE and not bothered with the other ones. So if you want the 'good' one, you have to pay careful attention to the model you are getting, and not just look for "Charles Daly Defense" on the side.
    Except the market doesn't work that way. The number of people who are perfectly satisfied with a less expensive, less feature rich product is greater than the number who will pay top dollar for checking all the boxes in "The Chart."

A CDM4LE in middy configuration was one of the things I hoped to see at SHOT. Right now, they're selling every single rifle they can build ... they cannot keep up with demand for stuff at the top or bottom of their product line.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast