Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Shot Show Threads

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Any word on that flash hider on the PDW that looks almost like mesh or just small slots? I saw one in the Magpul DVD on a 5.56 rifle.
    KAC Triple Tap. It is a .gov item only right now, they are frighfully expensive to build, and thus expensive to buy.
    Initally was from the SR25 BattleRifle, and designed as a control item, then scaled into 5.56mm as a sacrificial baffle to designed to enhance the life of suppressors.

Its a great setup, but unless we can descrease the cost of manufacture - I don't see a large public market.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nice weedwhacker, and an interesting 1911! Thanks for the great pics, unfortunately I missed KAC in my limited cruising.

Feedback Score

Shape of grip area and the scalloping of frame.

The Fortis resurrection of the Bren Ten looks great. I wanted one myself but I think it may be too late for obvious reasons unfortunately. And a couple of design decisions made by Vltor are mistakes in my opinion.

I have two observations on the design. The first being the scalloping at the front of the frame probably to lighten it. The back of the frame seems thick enough for the slide stop area. It detracts from the way that particular designs looks originally (CZ 75 clone). I would also think the weight up front is needed for the 10mm!

Another area is the lack of a "beavertail" rear back strap. It is just a stub like someone decided to chop it off without thinkiing of the possibility of the web of the firer's hand being bitten - hammer bite.

All the folks at Vltor needed to do was to look at the EAA clones like the Elite Match which has a substantial frame and a very nice "bervertail" on it. Even the CZ 75B SA and SP-01s now have this design on their cast steel frames. This to me is a step backwards for the Fortis design.

Just my observations and opinions. My intent is not to start an argument.

Feedback Score
    Yes, but that is the way they did it with the original Bren X.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love the buzzsaw...perfect for the undead!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Exactly. If they changed the exterior design of it it'd be pointless, people might as well just buy a Witness 10 mm then.

They might do modified versions later on but the first ones to roll out will look like the Bren Ten and that's kinda their whole mission statement.
    Last edited by joffe; 01-26-09 at 06:19.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Lebowski,

Don't be so hard man. Doesn't everyone deserve to be "special"?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Did they have to put that "Special Forces" on there? Since SF has never and will most likely never use said pistol and said pistol has not and will not receive SF's endorsement, I think that's pretty moronic. I still have forgiven Ed Brown for their "Special Forces" pistol.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow, the Fortis looks great.

I am very impressed.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Will we see the T1 mount released commercially?

Interesting QD throw lever mount, will succeeding Aimpoint mounts have these?
    been there eaten that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Exactly. If they changed the exterior design of it it'd be pointless, people might as well just buy a Witness 10 mm then.
    Exactly!

Witness Elite Match 10mm = $525< Magazine capacity = 15 rounds

Fortis "Bren Ten" = $1000>? Magazine capacity = ?
    Last edited by Ricardus; 01-29-09 at 14:12.

Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast