Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some new precision rifles from Savage Arms

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Some new precision rifles from Savage Arms

I was just browsing the Savage Arms site, and noticed they have some interesting new options for their "Law Enforcement" line of precision rifles.

1. The 10BAS LE Rifle. They call it a "modular sniper system", and it has a aluminum chassis that allows standard AR-type buttstocks and pistol grips to be attached. It also has what they call their new "3-dimensional bedding system", which is supposed to dramatically improve accuracy. Also comes with a 10rd magazine. Can't wait to see one of these up close.

2. The Accustock. This is a new and improved type of stock that includes their "3-dimensional bedding" system. They are adding this stock offering to their line of Model 10/110 LE rifles. The 2 rifles that will offer it include the 10FCP, and the new 10 Precision Carbine, which has a 20" barrel and is lighter. Both come with detachable mags, a new thing for Savage LE rifles.

Added* Sorry, I should have made clear I don't work for Savage and have no connection with them. I do own one of their rifles though, and thought these new offerings looked interesting.
    Last edited by maximus83; 01-24-09 at 13:33.

Feedback Score
    Interesting, Savages are great bang for the buck for an accurate rifle. If they can keep these new offerings priced low enough they will have no problems getting them out the doors.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm a Savage user, but prefer a more traditional stock then th 10BAS LE Rifle. I would be interested in seeing the 10 round mag on the HS or McMillian Stock though. Any ideal what mag they are using? Some of the smiths I have worked with don't like the older Savage DBM designs. Right now I'm triing to decide if it's worth the $500 to have a V-Bull bottom put on my .300 WM 110L build so I can use AI mags.

Suppose I need to keep a look out for a 10FLCP.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately the website no longer shows the Youth .308 with iron sights.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Check this out

removed, changed
    Last edited by gishooter; 02-03-19 at 15:49.
    none

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    Unfortunately the website no longer shows the Youth .308 with iron sights.
    Did they also discontinue the scout?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No they still list them. Just moved them to the LE line:

Specialty Series Rifle/Shotguns
    10FCM Scout Rifle – with AccuTrigger™ and AccuStock™

http://www.savagearms.com/10fcmscout.htm
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder if the new stocks will be compatible with the older actions. I'd like to have my model 10 to have detachable mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    No they still list them. Just moved them to the LE line:

Specialty Series Rifle/Shotguns
    10FCM Scout Rifle – with AccuTrigger™ and AccuStock™

http://www.savagearms.com/10fcmscout.htm
    I didn't think to look there. Glad they still make them, although I wish they would put better irons on them(I have a scout and hate the sights it comes with).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    I didn't think to look there. Glad they still make them, although I wish they would put better irons on them(I have a scout and hate the sights it comes with).
    I've always been curious about the Scouts. Can you get some kind of aftermarket sight to replace them? I think Williams makes a sight that will fit on the Savage 10, and maybe XS Sights do as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast